Broke down and bought a second X1 today

#11Jiggy101011Posted 3/19/2014 12:41:05 PM
Apex-Player posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
Kind of reminds me of the ones who bought a new 360 to replace the ones that kept breaking.

This is why people thought MS was relevant last gen.
More actually bought multiple systems then there were actual individual consumers.

So instead of just switching to a competitors console those people enjoyed their 360 so much that they ended up buying another. Plus the fact that all of them were covered under a 3 year warranty and yet people still went out and bought another 360? What does that say about the competition?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#12Apex-PlayerPosted 3/19/2014 12:49:00 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
Kind of reminds me of the ones who bought a new 360 to replace the ones that kept breaking.

More actually bought multiple systems then there were actual individual consumers.

So instead of just switching to a competitors console those people enjoyed their 360 so much that they ended up buying another. Plus the fact that all of them were covered under a 3 year warranty and yet people still went out and bought another 360? What does that say about the competition?

He already has a ps4.

- Most are used to MS poor quality builds / Once someone gets a library for a console, it's hard to abandon all those games. That would be the main reason people stuck with 360 after countless RRoD.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#13abbeldydooPosted 3/19/2014 12:50:38 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...

He already has a ps4.

- Most are used to MS poor quality builds / Once someone gets a library for a console, it's hard to abandon all those games. That would be the main reason people stuck with 360 after countless RRoD.

Correct me if i am wrong but the majority of RROD problems were early in the consoles life right?
---
Don't mod me bro!
#14Jiggy101011Posted 3/19/2014 12:54:42 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...

He already has a ps4.

You brought up last gen, what does the PS4 have to do with what we are discussing?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#15gatman85Posted 3/19/2014 12:58:08 PM
just try a movie
#16cheezedadadaPosted 3/19/2014 1:02:12 PM
TC did you finish Dark Souls 2 yet? I am going to beat the last boss after work today. ****** awesome game.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#178waystomondayPosted 3/19/2014 1:02:49 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...

That three year warranty wasn't in effect the first 2 years, plus alot of people just traded in the broken ones and bought the cheap arcade ones when those were available. That is what almost every 360 owner i know ended up doing since msoft took atleast a month to get the console back to you.
---
"Sugar enriched flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, polysorbate 60 and yellow dye #5. Everything a growin' boy needs."
#18rusty12000Posted 3/19/2014 1:09:23 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...

M$ needs to catch up with PS4 somehow..
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#19AnakeriePosted 3/19/2014 1:09:32 PM
It's okay. Don't cry. I know sometimes we all just break down and can't go on, but you'll be okay. You can still return it...
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: anakerie
Pawn: Zarianna. GO GO LLAMA FORCEFIELD!!
#20Apex-PlayerPosted 3/19/2014 1:10:50 PM
No idea how reliable the later model 360s are,
I stopped after my first but I would hope it got reliable at some point within the 8 years on market.

Brought up 360 because MS hasn't learned how to build reliable hardware.
This is still apparent with Disc Drives and Kinect 2 just randomly dying or being DoA, and you asked why people stuck with 360 after RRoD the answer simply being that they had a library of games for it.
Either they bought another 360 or sold off the library for peanuts.

As for the 3 year warranty, it was hardly relevant with 8 years on market with a fail rate of 54%
At best most went through 2 consoles bought in full.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat