What happens if my Xbox One crashes when installing a game?

#1Swan3624Posted 3/19/2014 1:28:58 PM
I have only had my Xbox One do one hard reset on its own since owning it for the last week. It was during Peggle 2. I think the issue was that I kept clicking on Peggle 2 to open it and it kept closing, and I did it too much so the system rebooted. I want to give the One the benefit of the doubt that it was user error on that one.

But something I was worrying about is that both Peggle 2 and Killer Instinct have exited before they fully loaded, and I had to load them up again... so what happens if my system does a hard-crash when I'm installing a game from the disc? Is that potentially disastrous?
#2Sniper_BrosefPosted 3/19/2014 1:30:32 PM
Delete whatever may be there already and redownload would be my recommendation. I don't think it would be potentially disastrous...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#3PannerPosted 3/19/2014 1:30:54 PM
It'll wipe the whole system.
You'll be left with a brick.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
#4chex81Posted 3/19/2014 1:31:21 PM
i actually reset my X1 while it was installing Titanfall due to connectivity issues causing freezing...it was able to pick up where it left off from the installation process without any issues.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
#5Swan3624(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 1:32:07 PM
chex81 posted...
i actually reset my X1 while it was installing Titanfall due to connectivity issues causing freezing...it was able to pick up where it left off from the installation process without any issues.

But were you installing from a download? Or was it off the disc?
#6chex81Posted 3/19/2014 1:34:49 PM
Swan3624 posted...
chex81 posted...

disc
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
#7Swan3624(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 8:12:56 PM
chex81 posted...
Swan3624 posted...
chex81 posted...

disc

I see. I hope I have similar experiences, then! Any other input?
#8crynryanPosted 3/19/2014 8:19:20 PM
Installing a game is not installing an update to the console's firmware. The console will be able to determine where the installation got cut off at, and continue from where it left off.

The reason a console will brick if you're installing a firmware update, is because the upgraded firmware will be incomplete and unable to load things it normally would need to in order to work. Games and their data are kept separate from that, so there is no reason at all to have any worries if your internet cuts out while installing a game or a power outage.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)