so this talk about FPS on multiplats....

#1leelee3105Posted 3/19/2014 3:28:46 PM
it was confirmed from what i read that Tomb Raider runs at double the FPS on PS4 as it does on X1. I don't know much about programming or really anything about video games other than how to play them, but I do know what it looks like when FPS are too low on a game. I used to see it in sports games and the dynasty warriors series all the time. My point here is, I am confused as to why when I played TR at my friends house today i kept seeing what looked like very low FPS during action sequences, and I never saw this in the 2 play 20 or so hours Ive played it on X1???
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#2leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 4:31:33 PM
so, no one can explain this for me?
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
#3fuzzykuffsPosted 3/19/2014 4:37:57 PM
I played it on X1 as well. I thought that they were both 60 fps. I thought that the difference was a Resolutiongate issue.
#4leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 4:40:48 PM
hmmmm, maybe it was. I know for sure people were talking about the FPS issue on this board though. Either way though, beautiful game all around. It was also longer than most games these days.
---
#5Jedi454Posted 3/19/2014 4:44:11 PM
Just another grown man trollin' the olde' forums. Nothing to see here folks.
---
No one should buy MGSV: Ground Zeroes, don't support Konami and their greedy ways.
#6chubbychaserPosted 3/19/2014 4:45:52 PM
xbone version is acceptable. Its just that PS4 version is better due to PS4 superior hardware. All multi platform will basically run better on PS4 tha xbone.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#7leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 4:51:39 PM
chubbychaser posted...
xbone version is acceptable. Its just that PS4 version is better due to PS4 superior hardware. All multi platform will basically run better on PS4 tha xbone.

thats my question though. when actually playing both games the only differences i could see (a few parts of the game where you were running for your life and s*** was blowing up all over the place) it was actually far better on X1
---
#8levelshooterPosted 3/19/2014 6:15:58 PM
Certain fans of a certain company just plain and simple refuse to believe that a console that is not made by their heroes can run a multiplat as well as their gaming tourniquet
---
-not changing this Sig until David Moyes is sacked
#9CapwnDPosted 3/19/2014 8:36:48 PM
leelee3105 posted...

It may be a more solid 30FPS on the Xbox One version and the PS4 may be having slowdown from 60 to whatever.

I'm just guessing, but that would explain it.

Most of the people arguing about this are strictly console fanboys, and if they really cared about it they would be playing these same games on PC where it's better than all the consoles, by far.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#10leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 8:43:26 PM
CapwnD posted...
leelee3105 posted...

It may be a more solid 30FPS on the Xbox One version and the PS4 may be having slowdown from 60 to whatever.

I'm just guessing, but that would explain it.

Most of the people arguing about this are strictly console fanboys, and if they really cared about it they would be playing these same games on PC where it's better than all the consoles, by far.

Ok well that makes sense then. So dropping from 60 to 50 would be more noticeable than just being at 30 the whole time?
---