Party Chat, connectivity, and other possible problems

#1destroyerman455Posted 3/19/2014 6:16:40 PM
Alright so I cant be the only person to have had experienced trouble with this.

First and most importantly of all, the Xbox Party chat. Myself and many of my friends have continuously seemed to encounter issues with it connecting. Sometimes we'll join or make a party and it'll tell us "Party chat cant work right now" and to try again later. Other times it'll work, then just kick us out.

Has anyone else experienced this and have you found a good solution?

Another issue that we have found which may connect to the party system is the NAT type.
Most of my friends, myself included, had or still have an Open NAT type on our Xbox 360s. Now all of us have Strict NAT types and are unable to change it.

A couple of us, again, myself included, use a directly wired connection to maximize connectivity. That still doesn't help with the NAT type issue.

We don't know what to do right now. We had hoped the "Titanfall" system update would have fixed it all but instead it only fixed an issue that should have been there from the start. (Joining a party and automatically being in party chat.)

If anyone has had any of these issues and/or know a solution to it, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share your input. I like my Xbox, but when I have to settle with using Skype to simply talk to friends and then having to be limited to only being able to talk to 3 other people, then it really makes me start to possibly regret getting this system which had boasted itself as the "All in One" media system.

Well so much for "All in One" when you cant even communicate to others like how it was intended.
---
2,500 tons of awesome.
#2bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 3/19/2014 6:25:38 PM
Are all ports forwarded for the console?
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#3grampamurkedPosted 3/19/2014 6:34:10 PM
Those sound like modem issues not console issues. Get on the internet and check your modem settings.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#4bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 3/19/2014 9:26:36 PM
grampamurked posted...
Those sound like modem issues not console issues. Get on the internet and check your modem settings.

Actually it would be in the router settings, unless your modem is also a router. TC you might have double nat if you have router plugged into a modem that is also a router. I had the same happen to me.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#5CapwnDPosted 3/19/2014 9:31:58 PM
destroyerman455 posted...
Well so much for "All in One" when you cant even communicate to others like how it was intended.

These are network issues, on your network. The console can't fix that for you.

Are you all playing from the same house? Dorm? do you have ports forwarded to anything in your router settings? Is your modem just a modem, or is it a gateway? Are you using a router and modem?

post your modem and router model number if you want help.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh