so, did Titanfall close the gap between the PS4 and Xbox One, saleswise?

#71blitz_0623Posted 3/26/2014 6:47:57 AM
It did close the gap. It outsold the PS4 WW last week. If that doesn't mean anything. Sure source is vgchartz but they're never off by a mile. If anything, it went neck and neck with the PS4 WW. In the US it more than doubled PS4 sales.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#72skermacPosted 3/26/2014 6:54:59 AM
It was responsible for over 1 million new console sales, but I don't know if that closed the gap.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#73dnmtPosted 3/26/2014 7:01:40 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
It did close the gap. It outsold the PS4 WW last week. If that doesn't mean anything. Sure source is vgchartz but they're never off by a mile. If anything, it went neck and neck with the PS4 WW. In the US it more than doubled PS4 sales.

Well if we're going by vgchartz I think the PS4 has outsold the Xbone pretty much every week until that one week. If the Xbone needs a bundle, a pricedrop and their biggest game of the year to outsell the PS4 for just one week then things aren't looking so great, especially when the PS4 is still supply constrained everywhere and already has a 2-3 million lead in units sold.
#74blitz_0623Posted 3/26/2014 7:41:31 AM
dnmt posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

Well if we're going by vgchartz I think the PS4 has outsold the Xbone pretty much every week until that one week. If the Xbone needs a bundle, a pricedrop and their biggest game of the year to outsell the PS4 for just one week then things aren't looking so great, especially when the PS4 is still supply constrained everywhere and already has a 2-3 million lead in units sold.

Yes, but the point is about answering the topic, which is whether Titanfall closed the gap which it did. Doesn't matter if it was only one week. It already did made a difference. Now the question is about maintaining this momentum. Without it, the PS4 usually outsells the X1 by a small margin in NA and about 2.5:1 WW, so it'll be interesting what the numbers will be in April and May.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#75necro00Posted 3/26/2014 10:13:08 AM
cheezedadada posted...
Hey look another sales thread on a games forum.

dont like it dont lick, very simple
#76chaotix42Posted 3/26/2014 10:14:59 AM
necro00 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Hey look another sales thread on a games forum.

dont like it dont lick, very simple

inb4thatswhatshesaidhuehuehue
---
GT: Falchion Sensei
Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it. - curtland
#77Phange 2Posted 3/27/2014 10:28:29 AM(edited)
http://www.vgchartz.com/

Looks like the PS4 went back to outselling the X1 in the US, and vastly outselling it in Europe. In total, it outsold the X1 2:1 last week. I don't know how much of that is due to inFamous, though.

To be fair, there are better exclusives on the horizon for X1 such as Halo 5.

---
Xbox Live: Phange 2
Playstation Network: Phange