How did they f*** up the Xbone's UI after the success of the 360's?

#1Kyle1022Posted 3/19/2014 9:43:53 PM
They pretty much had it as close as you could get to perfect with the Xbox 360 UI. Then comes the Xbone... the store is f***ed up, the home button brings you home instead of the nice little menu, voice chat has a whole slew of problems, it's difficult to find game invites if you miss the notification, doesn't notify you when friends get online, black screen when you turn it on, etc.

They could have copy and pasted the 360 UI and just allowed multitasking, and it would have been perfect. Why change just for the sake of change? It'd be one thing if it was a sidegrade, but it's a DOWNgrade...
---
MSI Z87 G45 | i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz | GTX 660 | 8gb DDR3-1600 | Corsair TX650 | Windows 8.1
Xbox One | PS3 | GameCube | PS2 | N64 | SNES | 3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC
#2slyman19Posted 3/19/2014 9:48:15 PM
It was obviously made with voice commands in mind.
#3aszsithPosted 3/19/2014 9:50:09 PM
Kyle1022 posted...
They pretty much had it as close as you could get to perfect with the Xbox 360 UI. Then comes the Xbone... the store is f***ed up, the home button brings you home instead of the nice little menu, voice chat has a whole slew of problems, it's difficult to find game invites if you miss the notification, doesn't notify you when friends get online, black screen when you turn it on, etc.

They could have copy and pasted the 360 UI and just allowed multitasking, and it would have been perfect. Why change just for the sake of change? It'd be one thing if it was a sidegrade, but it's a DOWNgrade...

The bolded part is the dumbest thing I've read today, and I read a gaming an article on Yahoo and one on Motley Fool as well as most of the threads on the first few pages.

It is called the HOME button. Of course it takes you to the HOME screen.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#4Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 9:51:52 PM
aszsith posted...
Kyle1022 posted...

The bolded part is the dumbest thing I've read today, and I read a gaming an article on Yahoo and one on Motley Fool as well as most of the threads on the first few pages.

Stop being so dense. It was called the HOME BUTTON on the 360 and it didn't directly bring you home when you pressed it. Go troll somewhere else.
---
MSI Z87 G45 | i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz | GTX 660 | 8gb DDR3-1600 | Corsair TX650 | Windows 8.1
Xbox One | PS3 | GameCube | PS2 | N64 | SNES | 3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC
#5TwoNumbThumbsPosted 3/19/2014 9:52:25 PM
To justify certain jobs that are inherently pointless

reminds me of PSN update that was garbage, and clearly a result of having to give some eployees something to do...
---
Argo **** yourself
#6Tyronelio1Posted 3/19/2014 9:53:48 PM
I agree to a point, it's good and will get better and is still far superior to the ps4s ui, however the 360 metro beats all.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#7slyman19Posted 3/19/2014 9:55:59 PM
Kyle1022 posted...
aszsith posted...
Kyle1022 posted...

Stop being so dense. It was called the HOME BUTTON on the 360 and it didn't directly bring you home when you pressed it. Go troll somewhere else.

The 360 button was actually called the "Guide Button".
#8UnhelpfulNPCPosted 3/19/2014 9:58:33 PM
It was supposed to be some all-new, all in one experience that would innovate couch-potatory for generations, but MS lost sight of the stuff they already had that worked and rushed it to market.

Luckily, they've been pretty active with the updates and hopefully, it'll work out pretty well.
#9jellybeanmasterPosted 3/19/2014 10:04:32 PM
My guess is they didnt care since they believed ppl would be so intrigued by the voice commands theyd never use the UI manually, and for the most part they were right. My friends r loyal xbots and never use the buttons no matter how slow claiming its the future and buttons r for noobs lol
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#10DeadLock25Posted 3/19/2014 10:05:23 PM
Kyle1022 posted...

1)The Home button brings you to a dashboard, instead of a limited smaller dashboard, aka the small menu in the 360. That thing functioned as a minimalist dashboard that required you to quit your game to change a lot of things.With the X1, everything you can ever need to do is there at the push of the home button, with more functionality, without ever taking you away from your game (it just resumes where it left off)

2) Have not had any issues with voice chat. Party system yes, definitely, but that was more or less fixed in the previous update.

3) Click Home, go to the notification at the top, accept your invite. How is that difficult? Its the same process you would do on the 360. Click the Guide, go to notifications, and accept the notification. Here the notification shows up top. Its just in a different place.

4) You can have 1000 friends. Do you really want notifications for EVERY SINGLE one of them? I didnt think so. You will have notifications all day non stop. Instead they should allow notifications for favorite friends, and that feature will be coming.

5) What black screen when you turn it on? What are you even talking about? The boot up screen at start if you do a hard reset? Dont do a hard reset (put the console to sleep mode instead) I dont know what other black screen you are talking about as I never heard of anyone online experiencing the issue on a properly functioning console.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent