Microsoft wasn't lying Xbox one extremely powerful when Direct X 12

#21Tyronelio1Posted 3/20/2014 11:00:04 AM
SnoicFactor posted...
Darkside_Shadow posted...
This is all BS right? Right?

pffft, was the cloud bs my friend?

Nope, it's early days for the console and the cloud, time will tell whether its a failure or not.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#22bapelvPosted 3/20/2014 11:04:02 AM
Since when increase performance means better graphics? Pretty sure it was on the PC and not the X1 until I see it I'll believe it.
#23Ramsus082Posted 3/20/2014 11:05:17 AM
"The 50% CPU efficiency improvements" are over DX11 and the resources it used, not that games now utilize 50% less CPU resources all of a sudden. Obviously we're looking at better optimization, but we don't really know how much and while this makes the hardware capable of SOME DX12 features, we're not even sure if the underpowered hardware will be able to take advantage of it yet. Good news, but if expectations aren't tempered this is going to be Cloud/12GB of RAM/Secret Sauce/Hidden GPU/etc all over again.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#24benjimainPosted 3/20/2014 11:08:17 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
"The 50% CPU efficiency improvements" are over DX11 and the resources it used, not that games now utilize 50% less CPU resources all of a sudden. Obviously we're looking at better optimization, but we don't really know how much and while this makes the hardware capable of SOME DX12 features, we're not even sure if the underpowered hardware will be able to take advantage of it yet. Good news, but if expectations aren't tempered this is going to be Cloud/12GB of RAM/Secret Sauce/Hidden GPU/etc all over again.

You killed their dream!
#25SoulTrapperPosted 3/20/2014 11:08:55 AM
cheezedadada posted...

Yeah last I knew, currently there were only about 80-90 total games using DX11 which is a pretty small number compared to overall, but it would be nice to see that number increase.

Its all in theory, but definitely an interesting article to read. I love hearing about stuff like this and hope it pans out.

It's very interesting and everyone should see the potential this has as a good thing.

It would suck if they make it Win 8 exclusive, though.
Cutting off a lot of people just to try and force them to switch OS would be pretty underhanded.
#26Ramsus082Posted 3/20/2014 11:11:47 AM
Also curious as to why Turn10 didn't bother demoing DX12 on, I don't know....an actual XboxOne? They chose to show Forza5 on PC for some reason....considering the game isn't even playable on PC, that's an interesting choice that was probably made for performance/demo reasons, which is a little misleading considering that clearly they want us to associate Forza5 with the XboxOne.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#27SnoicFactorPosted 3/20/2014 11:15:55 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
Also curious as to why Turn10 didn't bother demoing DX12 on, I don't know....an actual XboxOne? They chose to show Forza5 on PC for some reason....considering the game isn't even playable on PC, that's an interesting choice that was probably made for performance/demo reasons, which is a little misleading considering that clearly they want us to associate Forza5 with the XboxOne.

Look at what MS said. They want to have console like API on PCs. This is going to benefit PCs far more than x1.
---
nt
#28SoulTrapperPosted 3/20/2014 11:18:48 AM
Ramsus082 posted...

It was running on an Nvidia card as well.

They didn't really show anything xbox related, except for referencing how the xbox one would be able to benefit from this.

Either they wanted the focus to be entirely on the DX12 or it's still so far away from being ready that it's not actually possible to say what the actual implementations will be.

It could be both, seeing as there's no release date mentioned.
#29MonicasBackPosted 3/20/2014 11:20:16 AM
Nice to see xbone is gonna be on par with ps4
---
Monicaaa
#30AceMagasePosted 3/20/2014 11:21:06 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

It was running on an Nvidia card as well.

They didn't really show anything xbox related, except for referencing how the xbox one would be able to benefit from this.

Either they wanted the focus to be entirely on the DX12 or it's still so far away from being ready that it's not actually possible to say what the actual implementations will be.

It could be both, seeing as there's no release date mentioned.

so no X1 related news from GDC out of MS at all?