Microsoft wasn't lying Xbox one extremely powerful when Direct X 12

#31benjimainPosted 3/20/2014 11:24:11 AM
MonicasBack posted...
Nice to see xbone is gonna be on par with ps4

Anyone who thinks you can optimise the difference between half the RAM data bandwidth, having less CPU cores, and 2/3 the GPU shader count... is dreaming.
#32SoulTrapperPosted 3/20/2014 11:25:26 AM
AceMagase posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Also curious as to why Turn10 didn't bother demoing DX12 on, I don't know....an actual XboxOne? They chose to show Forza5 on PC for some reason....considering the game isn't even playable on PC, that's an interesting choice that was probably made for performance/demo reasons, which is a little misleading considering that clearly they want us to associate Forza5 with the XboxOne.

It was running on an Nvidia card as well.

They didn't really show anything xbox related, except for referencing how the xbox one would be able to benefit from this.

Either they wanted the focus to be entirely on the DX12 or it's still so far away from being ready that it's not actually possible to say what the actual implementations will be.

It could be both, seeing as there's no release date mentioned.

so no X1 related news from GDC out of MS at all?

Besides two mentions, nothing I've heard/seen yet.

This was basically the most important one:

http://i.imgur.com/UEObtjV.jpg

"Benefits of Direct 3D 12 will extend to Xbox One"

It doesn't really say anything.
#33AkumaOutsiderPosted 3/20/2014 11:25:30 AM
So it'll basically boost graphics by 20%?
But but but graphics didn't matter. It was only game play that was the deciding factor.
---
www.twitch.tv/feelmeclover
#34SoulTrapperPosted 3/20/2014 11:26:57 AM
AkumaOutsider posted...
So it'll basically boost graphics by 20%?
But but but graphics didn't matter. It was only game play that was the deciding factor.

Theoretically boost graphics by 20%, they haven't actually shown anything yet besides a tech demo of Forza running on a PC with an Nvidia card.
#35bob15xPosted 3/20/2014 11:27:19 AM
benjimain posted...
MonicasBack posted...

Anyone who thinks you can optimise the difference between half the RAM data bandwidth, having less CPU cores, and 2/3 the GPU shader count... is dreaming.

but benji, werent you one of the ones calling people fools for thinking the xbox one would support directx 12, along with all the other sony trolls?
#36dray3214Posted 3/20/2014 11:29:05 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
Also curious as to why Turn10 didn't bother demoing DX12 on, I don't know....an actual XboxOne? They chose to show Forza5 on PC for some reason....considering the game isn't even playable on PC, that's an interesting choice that was probably made for performance/demo reasons, which is a little misleading considering that clearly they want us to associate Forza5 with the XboxOne.

forza 5 is running on dx 11. they were simply showing how fast a game can be ported to dx12. Ramsus082 posted...

they were showing how fast a dx11 game can be ported to dx12. i think they said it took 4 guys 1 month or something like that
#37dray3214Posted 3/20/2014 11:31:28 AM
nvm they said 4 months
#38Ramsus082Posted 3/20/2014 11:42:50 AM
Right. New DX releases always benefited PC gaming more, but it's not a coincidence that Microsoft had Turn10 demo an XboxOne-exclusive game; They want gamers to associate the bulk of DX enhancements with XboxOne enhancements. Now we're patiently waiting for "Holiday 2015'. The goal posts are moved again, and now the fanbase can sustain themselves on another serving of "hope".

I'm just being a cynic, I guess. But we've heard the "it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it!" arguments from Microsoft before and it's only gotten them in more trouble with the community.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#39Ramsus082Posted 3/20/2014 11:44:58 AM

See? This is why Microsoft chose Forza5.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#40Kovifan27Posted 3/20/2014 11:45:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rKFbiZQ.png

*Demo was for demonstration purposes only and will not be publicly released