Microsoft wasn't lying Xbox one extremely powerful when Direct X 12

#51OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/20/2014 12:46:15 PM
MS really knows how to play their adopters like a fiddle. :s It actually makes me feel a bit bad. You do realize this is just buzz meant to sell consoles? Like the power of the cloud was? Or the hidden ram that needs be unlocked?

You guys don't seem to realize that stuff like this can't improve the cold, hard specs of the console. All they can do is fine tune what is already there. Think of it like this, you can shine and polish that cubic zirconia jewel in your ring all you want, it isn't going to turn it into a diamond. And personally, I'm not going to settle for cubic zirconia.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#52SneakiestNegPosted 3/20/2014 12:54:59 PM
With the third world level of infrastructure in the XBOX core market country I don't see how this whole cloud streaming processing thing is gonna work. Admittedly Sony servers in my country lose to freaking Utorrent all the time- in the time it takes me to dl a freaking patch I can grab True Detective in h264.
#53rusty12000Posted 3/20/2014 12:58:18 PM
Doubt it will make much difference, but we will see.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#54bob15xPosted 3/20/2014 12:58:32 PM
benjimain posted...
bob15x posted...
but benji, werent you one of the ones calling people fools for thinking the xbox one would support directx 12, along with all the other sony trolls?

Uhh what are you on about? Find one quote with me saying that.

All I've ever said is that there's not a chance in hell the Xbox One will ever have on par visuals with the PS4!

Which it won't. It's physically impossible.

you do realize that I asked a question right? I did not say you were, I asked if you were.
#55EllesarienPosted 3/20/2014 1:02:39 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
MS really knows how to play their adopters like a fiddle. :s It actually makes me feel a bit bad. You do realize this is just buzz meant to sell consoles? Like the power of the cloud was? Or the hidden ram that needs be unlocked?

You guys don't seem to realize that stuff like this can't improve the cold, hard specs of the console. All they can do is fine tune what is already there. Think of it like this, you can shine and polish that cubic zirconia jewel in your ring all you want, it isn't going to turn it into a diamond. And personally, I'm not going to settle for cubic zirconia.

I am truly amazed that you took this stance per your past postings. A real, real shock.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#56MonicasBackPosted 3/20/2014 1:03:53 PM
xbone is tanzanite
---
Monicaaa
#57eegore8aPosted 3/20/2014 1:08:24 PM
dray3214 posted...
nvm they said 4 months

they said 4 man month... No s at the end... So I am assuming it took a team of 4 people to do it in a month
#58benjimainPosted 3/20/2014 1:11:47 PM
bob15x posted...
benjimain posted...
bob15x posted...
but benji, werent you one of the ones calling people fools for thinking the xbox one would support directx 12, along with all the other sony trolls?

Uhh what are you on about? Find one quote with me saying that.

All I've ever said is that there's not a chance in hell the Xbox One will ever have on par visuals with the PS4!

Which it won't. It's physically impossible.

you do realize that I asked a question right? I did not say you were, I asked if you were.

Riiight.
#59method115Posted 3/20/2014 1:14:06 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
The Forza demo was on Nvidia.

Direct X12 could theoretically give 50% less workload for CPU and a 20% boost in graphics.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Of course, this is a tech demo and an unveil, so most of it should be taken with a grain of salt.
As it was with the power of the cloud and AMDs Mantle, theoretically possible doesn't mean it will actually happen as they say it will.

Exactly. Working in IT for over ten years now and one thing I've learned is "I'll believe it when I see it". Shows like this are meant to be a sort of advertisement for the product it's like watching a commercial for some product and believing every single thing they say. While sometimes those commercials are 100% true sometimes they flat out lie or exaggerate.
---
PSN: method114
#60ZerabpPosted 3/20/2014 1:18:48 PM
benjimain posted...
MonicasBack posted...
Nice to see xbone is gonna be on par with ps4

Anyone who thinks you can optimise the difference between half the RAM data bandwidth, having less CPU cores, and 2/3 the GPU shader count... is dreaming.

---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz