Direct x12 will improve the xbox one

#21rgwPosted 3/20/2014 11:26:31 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
:v You can't get blood out of a turnip. But it is admirable of MS to try. Hopefully they are able to download more ram.

Translation: "I don't know s***."
---
rgw
--
#22benjimainPosted 3/20/2014 11:27:58 AM
Anyone who thinks you can optimise the difference between half the RAM data bandwidth, having less CPU cores, and 2/3 the GPU shader count... is dreaming.
#23cheezedadadaPosted 3/20/2014 11:28:24 AM
PoweredMilkMan posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
:v You can't get blood out of a turnip. But it is admirable of MS to try. Hopefully they are able to download more ram.

http://www.downloadmoreram.com

I am too afraid to click download on that page, but I am very curious as to what happens?
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#24ElemayowePosted 3/20/2014 11:30:13 AM
I would take this with many grains of salt, I'm an XBO supporter but like others have said it's primarily an update for PC, that may or may not be utilised on XBO in the not so distant future. Devs might not bother implementing it, or it might not have the same dramatic increase in performance as it appears to be having on PC, time will tell, but again, as an XBO supporter and owner I wouldn't go around bragging how the XBO will be dominant and have amazing 1080p/static 60fps until results are seen.
---
XBL: DeathOnSkates 3DS: 0602 - 6733 - 6087
#25TauriLeaderPosted 3/20/2014 11:30:21 AM
Will it matter that we will have to wait until the end of next year to see the advantages.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#26Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/20/2014 11:32:33 AM
Lol benjiMAD is literally copy pasting his posts.

hey man, if you're gonna sit on this board all day every day trolling, at least put some effort into it.
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
Love is no fun with protection
#27AsellusPosted 3/20/2014 11:33:15 AM
I thought consoles already used low level APIs, does this just build on top of the low level API tools they already have? Sounds like bigger news for PC gamers to be honest, now they will have high end hardware and lower level optimization and they don't even need to upgrade to get this free performance boost..

Being able to run DirectX code on the (Direct)X-Box has always been meant to be a thing meant to appeal to developers. That said though when performance matters you use the native low-level api rather than the broad abstracted one so... yeah, maybe it will make things a bit easier for indies?
#28Evel138Posted 3/20/2014 11:33:58 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
:v You can't get blood out of a turnip.
that is true, but you CAN get better performance out of existing computer hardware. that's axiomatic.

lol...I thought this same thing when I read that.....not really an adage that works for this situation IMHO.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One