Phil Spencer Xbox game cases, game disc on the left side is Gaming Urban Legend

#1LEGEND_KILLERRRPosted 3/20/2014 10:48:45 AM
lol does anybody know really why they decided to put it on the left side which is fine with me but is it really an urban legend as to why they done it

lol the mystery of the left sided game disc
---
GT HauntedBlueMoon Respect Competition. (Don't Hate it)
#2DeadLock25Posted 3/20/2014 11:09:44 AM
Most people are right handed. They hold the case with their left, and open the case with their right, and take the disk out with their right hand. This is awkward to do when you hold the front cover with your left hand, as the right hand side of the game case (the one with the disk in it) is not supported by anything.

This is why now the game is on the left side, the same side that most people hold in their left hand when opening a game case. It makes it easier to steady the case to retrieve the disk with your right hand.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#3ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 3/20/2014 11:11:32 AM
because being different is cooler
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://almighty-cheeks.deviantart.com/
#4Kuebel33Posted 3/20/2014 11:15:46 AM
Really there was a mix-up at the plant and all the game covers were put in upside down. They haven't sorted it out yet.
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: AC4, DR3, Brvly Dflt, Lghtnng Rtrns
#5Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/20/2014 11:21:39 AM
Kuebel33 posted...
Really there was a mix-up at the plant and all the game covers were put in upside down. They haven't sorted it out yet.
next, you'll be telling us that the cases were originally all supposed to be grey, but there was a printing error, so now they're green like the incredible hulk.
#6-FryShakeWad-Posted 3/20/2014 11:23:57 AM
DeadLock25 posted...
Most people are right handed. They hold the case with their left, and open the case with their right, and take the disk out with their right hand. This is awkward to do when you hold the front cover with your left hand, as the right hand side of the game case (the one with the disk in it) is not supported by anything.

This is why now the game is on the left side, the same side that most people hold in their left hand when opening a game case. It makes it easier to steady the case to retrieve the disk with your right hand.

Source?
#7DeadLock25Posted 3/20/2014 11:34:27 AM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

Source?

Common sense.
If you are right handed as most people are, try opening the game case with your hands, and then move your hands apart. Which hand ends up holding the game case? In my case, and everyone who I have seen, its the left hand. Since that side has the support, it makes logical sense to have the game on that side, since you will be using your free/right hand to take the disk, and doing so from the side that is just hanging is more difficult than the alternative.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#8ILikesCheesePosted 3/20/2014 11:45:11 AM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
I loves me some Phil Spencer!

I still don't know why you are so obsessed with Phil Spencer and constantly make topics about him.

Here, you must have over-looked this one!

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Messaging-Around-Xbox-One-DRM-Was-Confused-Says-Phil-Spencer-62830.html

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#9billsfanno1Posted 3/20/2014 12:04:40 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
-FryShakeWad- posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

Source?

Common sense.
If you are right handed as most people are, try opening the game case with your hands, and then move your hands apart. Which hand ends up holding the game case? In my case, and everyone who I have seen, its the left hand. Since that side has the support, it makes logical sense to have the game on that side, since you will be using your free/right hand to take the disk, and doing so from the side that is just hanging is more difficult than the alternative.

Well stated both times.