Will the X1 ever be able to make games look as good as Infamous?

#61FOXSOLIDPosted 3/20/2014 5:47:59 PM(edited)
Ryo_Hazzuki posted...
Dead rising 3 looks quite good

This thread has now turned into a competition of who can make the most absurd statements.
#62Ryo_HazzukiPosted 3/20/2014 5:51:49 PM
I don't see how it's an absurd statement.

There's only one next gen city open world game on each console

Both can be compared

So if you're asking if X1 can ever make games look as good as infamous, yes it can

Having to sacrifice visual quality for more zombies, which still looks better than any PS3/360 game.

We've seen them do this for Dead Rising on the Wii
---
Terry: "Well...I guess there's more to school boy than meets the eye."
#63FOXSOLIDPosted 3/20/2014 5:53:46 PM
Btw...Ryse is linear, scripted and cuts corners. I mean have you seen how terrible it looks when you sever a limb? That weak squirt of blood? The terrible innards texturing?

inFamous is an open world title and looks incredible. Nothing on XB1 has matched it. Even if one day it did, PS4 will have already exceeded it. Face facts, XB1 will be playing catchup forever and there will be a point where it no longer can. Very soon.

Best looking console exclusive game award goes to.....inFamous Second Son. Hands down.
#64MonicasBackPosted 3/20/2014 5:54:40 PM
Infamous doesn't even look as good as the last of us though
---
Monicaaa
#65benjimainPosted 3/20/2014 5:55:27 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
Btw...Ryse is linear, scripted and cuts corners. I mean have you seen how terrible it looks when you sever a limb? That weak squirt of blood? The terrible innards texturing?

inFamous is an open world title and looks incredible. Nothing on XB1 has matched it. Even if one day it did, PS4 will have already exceeded it. Face facts, XB1 will be playing catchup forever and there will be a point where it no longer can. Very soon.

Best looking console exclusive game award goes to.....inFamous Second Son. Hands down.

This. This is all there is to it.

I mean really, are the MDF so deluded that they think something with less than HALF the data bandwidth output, less CPU cores for gaming, and 2/3 the GPU shader output, can keep up?!
#66IminyourclosetPosted 3/20/2014 5:57:43 PM
MonicasBack posted...
Infamous doesn't even look as good as the last of us though

That is literally the first response of the topic. There's not reading the topic before posting, and then there's what you just did.
#67FOXSOLIDPosted 3/20/2014 6:01:24 PM
benjimain posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

This. This is all there is to it.

I mean really, are the MDF so deluded that they think something with less than HALF the data bandwidth output, less CPU cores for gaming, and 2/3 the GPU shader output, can keep up?!

The clouds dude...the clouds. They will be saved by the clouds. The same clouds their heads have clearly been in.
#68UtterMoonPosted 3/20/2014 6:14:51 PM
MonicasBack posted...
But infamous doesn't even look as good as the last of us

Uhhhh.....right.....

And yes...over time the games will look better for both systems. The Xbone is surely capable of running a game that looks as good as inFamous: Second Son...maybe not anytime soon, but it will get there.

You will never see the "best" looking game released within the first 1-3 years of a consoles lifetime, but personally...I think Ryse has textures that look better than inFamous, but inFamous is far more impressive in just about every regard (scale, lighting, particle effects). And clearly inFamous is more game than tech demo.....not being made by Crytek surely helped with that.
#69StrongBlackVinePosted 3/20/2014 6:27:26 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Infamous doesn't look better then BF4 on either system imo.

You need glasses.
#70StrongBlackVinePosted 3/20/2014 6:31:18 PM
It is possible Xbox One games may eventually look as good as inFAMOUS Second Son, but by that time PS4 will look even better so two console will never be on even ground.

Also comparing Ryse to inFAMOUS Second Son is a joke from a technical standpoint.