ps4 VR coming out, Will xbox also be getting on board?

#1TekaduPosted 3/20/2014 2:42:46 PM
VR is hella cooler than Kinect. That might be because my cripple ass can't walk or move how it wants, So VR is exciting for some one like me. Kinect on the other hand...ya.

So any word on MS getting on the VR hype train?
#2rusty12000Posted 3/20/2014 2:43:58 PM(edited)
Probably, but I doubt VR will take off.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#3MJFJDPosted 3/20/2014 2:43:53 PM
They are developing something as well, but I would not expect to see anything consumer ready from either console for quite some time.
#4BloatedSquirrelPosted 3/20/2014 2:46:01 PM
rusty12000 posted...

Oculus Rift begs to differ.
---
"What are you pointing the gun at the suitcase for? It's dead already."
#5crucialPosted 3/20/2014 3:30:36 PM
My guess is that later this gen will see a prototype of sort then once next gen roles around will see the real deal,the problem is they are not even close to having any quality games for VR sets yet,it has a heavy price tag,like for instance Oculus Rift would cost around 900 bucks if it was released today and they want 4k resolution for the best quality,if it releases to early then it will become a gimmick but if they wait and release quality games for it then it will become the best thing ever in the industry,at least 5 more years imo.
#6CaIiber345Posted 3/20/2014 3:34:03 PM(edited)
Of course. Even Android is getting in on VR. It's going to be a joke (VR, that is), just like everything else that over-saturates a market because everyone thinks it's going to be the next big thing.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Destiny
#7Tekadu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 3:37:10 PM
From what people tested of the rift, people are really excited for it. I'm happy *knock on wood* to be living at a time that we are starting to get into it. To me, this is what gaming is all about, the closer we get to pull into that world. The better.
#8pwnater777Posted 3/20/2014 3:39:44 PM
BloatedSquirrel posted...
rusty12000 posted...

Oculus Rift begs to differ.

This. It may have been a gimmick before, but with more high-resolution displays being available for that kind of tech due to modern advancements in technology, virtual reality is finally a serious topic.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#92ndAtomiskPosted 3/20/2014 3:41:50 PM
I'll honestly probably avoid VR until I can get that real .hack experience.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#10UtterMoonPosted 3/20/2014 3:45:25 PM
VR taking off hinges on one thing....one monumental thing...can a developer make a good game..a great game? The cost of making a VR game will be pretty damn high, and the install base (number of people who own the required hardware) is going to be low...so you're going to see a lot of rather crap games at first...and developers are going to lose money..its going to happen.

Its just hard to make a new bit of hardware in today's industry...but if the hardware launches with a great game..if Sony commits and doesn't mess around...then VR can be a massive hit, because it really is the future of gaming in my opinion.