I dont understand xbox ones game install times

#21SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/20/2014 5:12:04 PM
Yeah Titanfall took me about fifteen minutes.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, LittleBigPlanet, Titanfall
#22SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/20/2014 5:13:37 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
All my games installed quickly except BF4 which took about 30min.

TF - 5-10 min
PSG - 5 min
PvZ - 5 min
BF4 - 30 min

Sounds about right.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, LittleBigPlanet, Titanfall
#23squon8888(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 5:21:11 PM
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
Sounds to me like he is downloading the game from Live not installing. If that's the case blame your budget internet, not MS.

No its installing and has been since the last solar eclipse past.
#24SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 3/20/2014 5:29:57 PM
squon8888 posted...
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
Sounds to me like he is downloading the game from Live not installing. If that's the case blame your budget internet, not MS.

No its installing and has been since the last solar eclipse past.

Ok, didn't see you ever clarify in the topic until now. As someone else said, Titanfall took me about 20 min. My guess is that the long installs will be a thing of the past, seems only the first round of games took that long, probably a rush job on writing the info to the disc and not doing it in a manner that speeds up install times. I had the same issues with COD, RYSE and BF4. AC4 didn't seem to take as long, but I'm not for sure.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"
#25XxReklawxXPosted 3/23/2014 12:48:51 PM
just play another game while it installs?? are you so anal you cant wait while it downloads? i dont have a xbox one but it never took more than a hour to install any game i own?
btw i own BF4, AC BF, Infamous, Rayman, Outlast, Fifa 14, Nba 2k14, Tomb Raider.
The longest was BF4 which was like 45 mins, and then Nba which was like 35 mins..but nba lets you play a quick game while it installs and BF4 lets you play the campaign while it installs?

so i just dont understand why you sit here and just complain on a message board about it. play other games and enjoy your xbox.
#26aszsithPosted 3/23/2014 4:39:39 PM
There are two primary issues at play that have been discussed numerous times:

Patches/updates are downloading and installing at the same time as the disc data. Bandwidth affects this. Solution - disconnect from the network while installing, then reconnect and download patch when convenient.

Issue with how the system installs data. Microsoft is aware of this and has said they will address it in a future patch. Solution - patience.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#27EiffelPosted 3/23/2014 5:40:00 PM
It's also the slow ass BD drive in the X1. PS4 has a 6X drive, MS hasn't released the X1 BD speed iirc but estimates put it at a 2X drive, same speed as PS3 which has always been considered excessively slow.

Disks weren't MS' focus this time around so installs will always be quite slow relative to PS4, this can't be patched.
#28bridog346Posted 3/23/2014 6:26:27 PM
I don't know about everyone else but every game install takes me no time, I usually go drop a deuce and my games are about between 80%-90% when I get done.
---
Aim for the head, that's where the pudding is
#29squidney2k1Posted 3/23/2014 6:29:33 PM
Yeah my Titanfall disc took about 10 min to install.

TC must be downloading the game. In that case, don't blame MS for your Internet speed.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
Yes, I bought a Wii U, and I still don't know why.
#30ShariusPosted 3/23/2014 7:32:44 PM
Team_Ninja posted...
First of all, just because the PS4 lets you start the game early with only a partial finished install, doesn't mean it's faster than Xbox One. The actual install times for 100% completion is probably about the same.

Second of all, yes, these install times are pathetic. Installing a 5GB game on xbox 360 from a disc takes me about an average of 10mins. How is it that a 10+ GB (Only 2x the size) game on Xbox One take several hours? It's not a download, it's an install ffs. Even if they were installing a virus ontop of the game, it shouldn't take this long.

nobody care about how many time it take to install game in the console, ppl only care about how many time it take from insert thier disc to the console and them play it, ps4 let you wait no more than 5 minutes for most of its game

and dont tell play other while waiting, what a point of buy a new shiny disc and then play other for few hour before you can use this?
---
PSNID: ShariusTC