Is there a way to turn off the TV app?

#1Swan3624Posted 3/20/2014 4:20:58 PM
I was playing Titanfall last night and talking to a friend of mine over party chat, and then my Xbox One decided that it was time for me to watch the Discovery Channel on TV, so it switched from Titanfall to the Discovery Channel... D:

Setting aside the fact that Discovery Channel is not even a quarter of the awesome it used to be, I also don't have my cable box hooked up to my One (I hooked it up to be turned on and off by the One just for funsies, but then deleted it from the devices shortly afterward since I never watch TV).

Is there a way to delete the TV app or hide it so that doesn't happen again? Do I just need to recalibrate the Kinect perhaps?
#22ndAtomiskPosted 3/20/2014 4:24:17 PM
I can't be 100% since I don't have that app, but I imagine you can delete it like anything else. Go to My Games & Apps, press Start (or Menu or whatever it's called now) and choose Uninstall.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#3MasterMoronPosted 3/20/2014 4:29:33 PM
Wait, a minute? The Xbox One just decides what you need to watch? So, you can be playing a stupid game and the Xbox One thinks you're losing brain cells so it will switch to the Discovery Channel to make you smarter? So, if you're playing a fighting game will it think you're becoming too aggressive and switch to the Lifetime channel?