Is there any way all the Final Fantasy games and Kindgom Hearts can be released?

#11werkz_destroyzPosted 3/20/2014 5:22:49 PM
cloudrivera posted...
Topic

I don't see the point of Kingdom Hearts 3 being released on the One if the entire series has never been on Xbox. Can the HD collections be released?

I know some people hate them, but I would love to play all the FFs and earn Achievements. Does Sony have the series on lock? Is it a problem that money can fix?

And yes I know people are going to say that Square sucks now but they do have great games.

Maybe if you fund the project yourself it can happen...call them up and let them know youll pay for whatever is needed.
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#12DogezillaPosted 3/20/2014 5:27:05 PM
...Garage_Man posted
I wouldn't count on it, you have to understand that 80% of the Xbox population IS made up of casuals and people that are generally fans of western games. They see a FF game with romance and go ewwwww it doesn't have guns or multiplayer or see turn based and go LAME or really any number of things. It might not really be 80% but there just isn't a huge market on the 360/X1.

1. FF XIII didn't sell significantly more on PS3 than 360 (excluding japan)
2. FF games have guns
3. FFXIV is a frickin MMO
4. FF isn't really turn based anymore

Oh and the whole casual thing is just ridiculous, I just don't get that sentimentality. What is there to feel superior towards fellow gamers? Is this a hobby you have to boost your self esteem?
#13ThePaleRiderpPosted 3/20/2014 5:37:45 PM
Nope. If the PS4 and Xbox One didn't have similar architecture then there wouldn't be FFXV and KH3 on Xbox One. Japan does absolutely matter, that's where the game releases first. Besides that because of the xbox brand's track record in Japan it will more than likely sell less than the ps4 port. Square decided to make the 1.5 and 2.5 to catch people up on the series. Considering you can find PS3's for a decent price now that's a pretty good deal. Since most of these were ps2 games I don't see them ever being ported to any Microsoft console. And I'm sorry but if you bought a Xbox hoping to play JRPG's then you bought the wrong system. The best JRPG's are either on Nintendo or Sony. Xbox has and will probably always have a very western based library. That's probably one reason PS4 sales slowed down in Japan.
---
Why was Oedipus against profanity? Because he kisses his mother with that mouth.
#14cloudrivera(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 5:41:42 PM
ThePaleRiderp posted...
Nope. If the PS4 and Xbox One didn't have similar architecture then there wouldn't be FFXV and KH3 on Xbox One. Japan does absolutely matter, that's where the game releases first. Besides that because of the xbox brand's track record in Japan it will more than likely sell less than the ps4 port. Square decided to make the 1.5 and 2.5 to catch people up on the series. Considering you can find PS3's for a decent price now that's a pretty good deal. Since most of these were ps2 games I don't see them ever being ported to any Microsoft console. And I'm sorry but if you bought a Xbox hoping to play JRPG's then you bought the wrong system. The best JRPG's are either on Nintendo or Sony. Xbox has and will probably always have a very western based library. That's probably one reason PS4 sales slowed down in Japan.

Oh don't worry I have a number of systems. I just like playing on Xbox, I love the controller lol
---
currently playing:http://cdn1.gamesector.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/360box.jpg
#15ThePaleRiderpPosted 3/20/2014 5:45:39 PM
cloudrivera posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...

Oh don't worry I have a number of systems. I just like playing on Xbox, I love the controller lol

lol personally I've always been more of a playstation guy. It was my first system along side SNES. I do like the xbox controller though it's the best for shooters no doubt.
---
Why was Oedipus against profanity? Because he kisses his mother with that mouth.
#16bakasoraPosted 3/20/2014 7:33:49 PM
Wants to play Japanese made games.

Buys an Xbox1.

Seriously if you want to play more of those Japanese made games. Get on the Playstation train.
---
and FFXIII is garbage.
#17DavCubePosted 3/20/2014 9:24:43 PM
You're asking a company that in recent years has treated logic like the plague to give themselves free money by porting a few games over, probably even digital-only for the whole of I-XII sans XI. Such an effort is doomed from the start.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#18FourManSevenPosted 3/20/2014 9:27:58 PM
FF15, I don't really care about it being released on Xbox One, it just needs to come out. I think it's overhyped to hell and back, which will be it's downfall.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a bit puzzling though. I fail to understand why they'd release an Xbox One version if the Kingdom Hearts series has never been on an Xbox console.
#19StrongBlackVinePosted 3/20/2014 10:23:24 PM
This will NEVER happen because Sony and Nintendo own the exclusives rights to many of those games, especially previous Kingdom Hearts games.

If you want to catch up on Kingdom Hearts buy a PS3 and the 1.5 HD Remix and upcoming 2.5 HD Remix. Even PlayStation gamers can't get all the Kingdom Hearts games on one platform though as the latest game Dream Drop Distance is a 3DS exclusive and we only get the cutscenes from the DS games.
#20StrongBlackVinePosted 3/20/2014 10:27:58 PM
Dogezilla posted...
...Garage_Man posted
I wouldn't count on it, you have to understand that 80% of the Xbox population IS made up of casuals and people that are generally fans of western games. They see a FF game with romance and go ewwwww it doesn't have guns or multiplayer or see turn based and go LAME or really any number of things. It might not really be 80% but there just isn't a huge market on the 360/X1.

1. FF XIII didn't sell significantly more on PS3 than 360 (excluding japan)

It sold at least twice on much on the PS3 even excluding Japan which you simply cannot do just to make your weak argument stronger.