Is there any way all the Final Fantasy games and Kindgom Hearts can be released?

#21Stefmeister7Posted 3/21/2014 12:12:18 AM
you bought the wrong console :(
#22DavCubePosted 3/21/2014 5:18:08 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
This will NEVER happen because Sony and Nintendo own the exclusives rights to many of those games, especially previous Kingdom Hearts games.

...no they don't. I'm almost certain that none of the games have any sort of publishing hurdles. I know with certainty the entirety of Final Fantasy doesn't at least, so that basically only leaves the roman numeral entries for Kingdom Hearts.

The cutscenes for the DS games in the PS3 HD compilations are irrelevant in the grand scheme since that's just something they CHOSE to do for said compilations. More than likely they planned both compilations at the same time and since they couldn't [or didn't want to] find a way to translate the DS mechanics of Re:coded over to another platform, they didn't want to try with Days either. Or quite possibly they couldn't fit three separate HD games with three separate batches of mechanics and cutscenes and whatnot onto a single disc. The latter of those seem more likely to me now that I think about it, since all the other HD compilations on PS3/360 are mostly action/adventure games that don't have as much stuff in them as JRPGs.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#23ThePaleRiderpPosted 3/21/2014 5:31:43 PM
DavCube posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
This will NEVER happen because Sony and Nintendo own the exclusives rights to many of those games, especially previous Kingdom Hearts games.

...no they don't. I'm almost certain that none of the games have any sort of publishing hurdles. I know with certainty the entirety of Final Fantasy doesn't at least, so that basically only leaves the roman numeral entries for Kingdom Hearts.

The cutscenes for the DS games in the PS3 HD compilations are irrelevant in the grand scheme since that's just something they CHOSE to do for said compilations. More than likely they planned both compilations at the same time and since they couldn't [or didn't want to] find a way to translate the DS mechanics of Re:coded over to another platform, they didn't want to try with Days either. Or quite possibly they couldn't fit three separate HD games with three separate batches of mechanics and cutscenes and whatnot onto a single disc. The latter of those seem more likely to me now that I think about it, since all the other HD compilations on PS3/360 are mostly action/adventure games that don't have as much stuff in them as JRPGs.

Actually Nomura wanted to completely remake Days but he felt it would take too long and it would take away from KH3, and 2.5
---
Why was Oedipus against profanity? Because he kisses his mother with that mouth.
#24TarotXIIIPosted 3/21/2014 6:04:36 PM
Xbox players don't like traditional rpg play? was lost oddysee on ps3? pretty sure it's xbox exclusive. Stop stereotyping things. Also if you hate xbox then gtfo the xbox forum, like wtf??
#25DavCubePosted 3/21/2014 6:50:14 PM
TarotXIII posted...
Xbox players don't like traditional rpg play? was lost oddysee on ps3? pretty sure it's xbox exclusive. Stop stereotyping things. Also if you hate xbox then gtfo the xbox forum, like wtf??

It's actually a Microsoft IP. However, Lost Odyssey sold under a million copies worldwide. Given Microsoft's wish to milk the crap out of the multi-million selling IPs it has and otherwise ignore any and all other criticism laid upon them, why do you think they'd want to try that again?

ThePaleRiderp posted...
Actually Nomura wanted to completely remake Days but he felt it would take too long and it would take away from KH3, and 2.5

Also very fair. Come to think of it, are there any games on PS3 that actually take advantage of the internal clock the way Re:coded does?
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#26cloudrivera(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 7:25:26 PM
DavCube posted...
TarotXIII posted...

It's actually a Microsoft IP. However, Lost Odyssey sold under a million copies worldwide. Given Microsoft's wish to milk the crap out of the multi-million selling IPs it has and otherwise ignore any and all other criticism laid upon them, why do you think they'd want to try that again?

ThePaleRiderp posted...

Also very fair. Come to think of it, are there any games on PS3 that actually take advantage of the internal clock the way Re:coded does?

Yeah but didn't it get released early in the 360's life? I think it sold around 800,000. Plus word of mouth seems to be good on it. I'm pretty sure if a sequel is released it will sell pretty good.
---
currently playing:http://cdn1.gamesector.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/360box.jpg
#27singhellotakuPosted 3/21/2014 10:03:31 PM
I don't see the point of tomb raider being released on the one if the majority of the series has never been on an xbox console, or ff13 trilogy....or anything....what a stupid argument.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot
#28KolanifvPosted 3/21/2014 10:26:13 PM
Sony has at least partial ownership of FFVII and VIII (maybe just character use refusal rights) so highly unlikely on Microsoft platforms.
#29SuperSuikodenPosted 3/22/2014 6:46:31 AM
cloudrivera posted...
DavCube posted...
TarotXIII posted...

Microsoft did not market both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey very well at all. They could sell much more with proper markting and advertising.
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#30SuperSuikodenPosted 3/22/2014 6:49:19 AM
Kolanifv posted...
Sony has at least partial ownership of FFVII and VIII (maybe just character use refusal rights) so highly unlikely on Microsoft platforms.

If Sony has at least partial ownership of FFVII and VIII how comes both released on PC?
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed