Do you buy Single Player only games for full price?

#1Jedi454Posted 3/20/2014 4:24:59 PM
I must admit, I won't buy a game for full price these days unless I am guaranteed multiple playthroughs that can be different each time or if the game has something I want to go back to. I was tempted to get South Park, but everyone was done with that game and felt no need to play through it again, so I thought it would be a waste of money paying full price for it.

I normally wait for price drops in Single Player games unless I guaranteed a lot of content, because I would feel bad playing a 12 hour game then just putting on it the shelf to not be touched again in a couple years or more.
---
No one should buy MGSV: Ground Zeroes, don't support Konami and their greedy ways.
#2lunaticcorePosted 3/20/2014 4:28:01 PM
I rent games if I don't think I am going to play them for more than a few days.

So if you are a short single player game.. I will probably rent you and cook you off.
#3uniquebadgerPosted 3/20/2014 4:29:42 PM
I tend to wait till they are on sale. I tend to put more hours into multi-player then anything else. That being said i did for Mass Effect 3 because i was able to enjoy and put a lot of time into the online mode on that. Also that is the main reason i have not bought thief. I'm just gonna wait till next year when it is way cheaper.
#4Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 4:29:51 PM
lunaticcore posted...
I rent games if I don't think I am going to play them for more than a few days.

So if you are a short single player game.. I will probably rent you and cook you off.

I wish had that ability in Australia, but rentals cease to exist here.
---
No one should buy MGSV: Ground Zeroes, don't support Konami and their greedy ways.
#5Hudson_RLPosted 3/20/2014 4:30:34 PM
Sure. It's gotta be a decent sized game though. The witcher 2 and mass effect are some of my favourites and don't regret paying full price.
---
YES! YES! YES!
#6motoraptorPosted 3/20/2014 5:01:55 PM
I only bought BioShock Infinite when it was $20, it's a fantastic game and all but no way would I have piad $60 for it. The last singleplayer-only game I bought at full price was Dishonored. That was not worth $60.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/20/2014 5:09:39 PM
Yes, well not really because I can always get new released PC game at discounted prices but $60 for 12 hours of entertainment is not bad, cheaper than getting 12 hours of movie time at the theater or buying 3 BluRays for 6 hours of entertainment if that.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 3/20/2014 5:12:20 PM
SP games are the only ones I'll pay full price for.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#9Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 5:13:11 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Yes, well not really because I can always get new released PC game at discounted prices but $60 for 12 hours of entertainment is not bad, cheaper than getting 12 hours of movie time at the theater or buying 3 BluRays for 6 hours of entertainment if that.

That's true, but a movie compared to a game is an unfair comparison.
---
#10Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 5:14:14 PM
motoraptor posted...
I only bought BioShock Infinite when it was $20, it's a fantastic game and all but no way would I have piad $60 for it. The last singleplayer-only game I bought at full price was Dishonored. That was not worth $60.

The last one I bought was Dead Rising 3 and I can say it was definitely not worth the money. Sure it's a great game, but I wouldn't normally pay the price for a game like it.
---