MS confirms - DX12 day 1 boost of 600Gflops/sec. Double for 60fps games.

#111SigarmzPosted 3/21/2014 11:08:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#112dormcastePosted 3/21/2014 11:10:39 AM
A little over half a TFLOP is not going to change much. Some more frames, but it'll still be behind the PS4. I don't get what Microsoft is trying to say with this. They want to get better, but not enough to outdo the PS4?
#113billsfanno1Posted 3/21/2014 11:11:27 AM
BSerenity posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Covenant posted...
vgsrule posted...
So, could anyone possibly explain what this update will do to a less technologically savvy person?

It will allow GPUs to perform closer to their theoretical limits by optimizing processes. PCs and phones are going to see much larger gains than the Xbox 1, since most of the techniques DX12 will introduce are already in use in the Xbox 1.

The last part about the X1 .... wrong and proven so already in this thread.

Nothing has been proven yet. Unless MS Execs are your source of proof because never have they spun or mislead before like Sony and theirs. Right?

You said most of DX12 is already in use on X1, that is not true and you should walk back that comment.
#114El_ZaggyPosted 3/21/2014 11:16:24 AM
its funny to see consoles gamers trying to be hardware professionnals and trying to understand PR non sense.

DX12 will probably enhance a little bit the performace but the difference wont be as high as the topic title suggest.

Remember when MS were saying that the cloud will make xbox one so powerful ? Seems that it isnt the case. That was PR made up non sense so they can gain more fans.

You want better games with better graphics and performance, get a PC like me.
#115BSerenityPosted 3/21/2014 11:20:26 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
BSerenity posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Covenant posted...
vgsrule posted...
So, could anyone possibly explain what this update will do to a less technologically savvy person?

It will allow GPUs to perform closer to their theoretical limits by optimizing processes. PCs and phones are going to see much larger gains than the Xbox 1, since most of the techniques DX12 will introduce are already in use in the Xbox 1.

The last part about the X1 .... wrong and proven so already in this thread.

Nothing has been proven yet. Unless MS Execs are your source of proof because never have they spun or mislead before like Sony and theirs. Right?

You said most of DX12 is already in use on X1, that is not true and you should walk back that comment.

You? I never made the comment. Read who you are quoting, lol.

Regardless, DirectX 12 is going to help the XBO (software optimization, of course). It just not going to pull out miracles the diehards such as yourself are wanting. Anyways, they need to show actual footage running on retail XBO showing the DirectX 12 features in full work before any of this can be fully proven. Til then it is just more talking points Execs at MS are rolling with.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#116rgwPosted 3/21/2014 11:24:28 AM
Yeah, I think that is what haters are willingfully misunderstanding from most people excited about this announcement. I think anyone who knows a little about hardware realizes that DX12 isn't going to be like a GPU upgrade but it will make processing cycles a bit more efficient and anything that helps ease PC-to-XB1 ports and provides some software-level efficiencies is great news for developers.

It's not going to make the XB1 a hardware equivalent to the PS4 but it should get the XB1 closer to maximizing it's own hardware ceiling.
---
rgw
--
#117RybalPosted 3/21/2014 11:25:38 AM
rgw posted...
Rybal posted...
rgw posted...
This is also the same argument I'd have for GDDR5 v. DDR3 memory. Clearly GDDR5 offers some distinct advantages but the reality is that the theoretical speeds of the better memory will never be realized because of other components creating a bottleneck. So the gap just isn't as big as people think.

But isn't the RAM bandwidth generally the biggest bottleneck?

Magnetic hard disk access in my opinion.

Except that, at least with the PS4, using an SSD has only shown marginal improvements with the bulk of those being during initial loadup of a game.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#118CaIiber345Posted 3/21/2014 11:37:04 AM
Lol.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#119bgwilly255Posted 3/21/2014 11:38:49 AM
All the things that the trolls said would never happen are happening.

Xbox One not getting DX12

Controllers not being able to be updated
Titanfall flopping

Xbox One not being able to update Blu-Ray

Microsoft going bankrupt (I found this one funny)

Xbox One not getting Twitch

Xbox One Kinect not being able to receive performance updates

Microsoft abandoning the Xbox One

No F2P games on the Xbox One

And so so much more. If anyone wants screenshots of the topics where these things were said, I'll be glad to provide. I've kept an archive of the troll claims.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#120thisranksPosted 3/21/2014 11:40:00 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Sabram posted...
So somehow changing graphics API will make the card faster? I'm not sure about this information.

The universe has a way of changing reality without logical explanations.Sometimes things are just DESTINED to happen, whether it makes sense or not. Deals with the devil and all.

Remember when Q fixed the orbit of the moon just by clicking his fingers?

Comparing what a fictitious character does to actual reality is plain ignorant regardless if meant to be sarcastic ... unless you can get Q to snap his fingers and make the XBox One equal to the PS4 specs with regards to this issue.

You should be ecstatic MS is working on improving the OS instead of finding ways to make comparisons ... especially when the product you like isn't top dog. It simply ends up looking like another excuse or miserable people looking for company.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW