MS confirms - DX12 day 1 boost of 600Gflops/sec. Double for 60fps games.

#71schmarkenheimerPosted 3/21/2014 7:46:00 AM
Btw you don't just "add" performance. It's like a car in a spec series where you can modify things like tyre pressure, suspension setups, ride height, rake, front/rear wing angle, stiffness, engine mapping, gear ratios etc etc. You're not all of a sudden going to put another engine in the car. You're not going to double the power, decrease the weight or whatever. What you're doing is fine-tuning your setup to make what you have to go faster within your limits. I hope people understand this.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#72TreGoodaPosted 3/21/2014 7:48:54 AM
al3azmi posted...
TreGooda posted...
BSerenity posted...
TreGooda posted...
Saga3 posted...
Before the Xbox released and any game information was leaked the Xbox One was supposed to be able to play games at 1080p @ 60 FPS. Take this with a grain of salt people.

It already does that though.

Very few are native tho. Huge difference there that most will deny.

So you agree it already does it. You also agree you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to game development by not understanding every game could be 1080p 60fps if the developer gave resources for that purpose thus sacrificing elsewhere.

You should also check out the early dev kits vs updates and then look at how optimization will continue to improve over the years.

GG

It was meant to be able to run all games 1080P 60 FPS and some native games at 4K.. it couldn't even reach the first step, how will it reach a step that require at the very least 4 times the power?

Where is this claim from Microsoft?

It doesn't even make sense that they would pigeon hole developers like that. I'm willing to see your information though.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#73TreGoodaPosted 3/21/2014 7:50:14 AM
OMGWYATT posted...
Infini22 posted...
ITT: people who don't understand how APIs and software in general works.

It's like there's the group of people that claim "1080p 60 fps for everything always"

and everyone else to attempts to give a realistic explanation is a "lol sad sony pony"

Both consoles are going to be optimized, not sure why people are acting like the PlayStation 4 is just going to be the same while the Xbox 1 continues to be optimized.

Xb owner <- (buying a PS4 soon)

Nobody is claiming this.
---
#74sonic_rockzPosted 3/21/2014 8:13:38 AM
The amount of people that have no idea what they're talking about in this topic is depressing.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#75BrownGottiPosted 3/21/2014 8:13:55 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
Btw you don't just "add" performance. It's like a car in a spec series where you can modify things like tyre pressure, suspension setups, ride height, rake, front/rear wing angle, stiffness, engine mapping, gear ratios etc etc. You're not all of a sudden going to put another engine in the car. You're not going to double the power, decrease the weight or whatever. What you're doing is fine-tuning your setup to make what you have to go faster within your limits. I hope people understand this.

Installing an aftermarket high-performance computer chip in your car is realistically the easiest way to add noticeable power gains to your ride while keeping it street legal in all fifty states. Companies such as Jet, Edelbrock, and many others have applications which will fit literally every vehicle on the road today. If you drive a truck, either gas or diesel, it is likely that there is a handheld programmer available which can reprogram your existing computer with advanced technical data which will increase your horsepower, fuel mileage, and can switch between stock and performance modes.

Software is amazing.
#76TreGoodaPosted 3/21/2014 8:14:48 AM
sonic_rockz posted...
The amount of people that have no idea what they're talking about in this topic is depressing.

Please elaborate. I would be interested to see if you're one of the people that doesn't know anything.
---
#77RybalPosted 3/21/2014 8:16:12 AM
Will it improve things? Yes, though not nearly to the degree that TC is suggesting. A boost of perhaps 20% is not insignificant.

Who wouldn't want their system to have better performance?
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#78HENTAIDOJIPosted 3/21/2014 8:16:53 AM
vgsrule posted...
So, could anyone possibly explain what this update will do to a less technologically savvy person?

Makes the Xbone t-to the wice as powerful.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#79TheGreatOne023Posted 3/21/2014 8:17:14 AM
Looking forward to seeing the impact of DX12.

In other good news, a Sony update will let you dim the light bar! Gamers win.
---
XBL Gamertag: TheGreatOne023
TGO - Seemingly able to kill a topic with a single post.
#80EllesarienPosted 3/21/2014 8:19:08 AM
benjimain posted...
Lol hent's back after I got him warned. Good times.

And no. No optimisation will make up for half the RAM data bandwidth, less CPU cores for games, and 2/3 the GPU shaders.

Looks at YOUR current status.....WARNED again.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.