MS confirms - DX12 day 1 boost of 600Gflops/sec. Double for 60fps games.

#81DFMan456Posted 3/21/2014 8:19:28 AM
So is this "Da INFINITE powah of da CLOWD!!!" 2.0?
#82rusty12000Posted 3/21/2014 8:20:53 AM
Ill believe it when I see it, just like the cloud...
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#83qbertz716Posted 3/21/2014 8:26:58 AM
DFMan456 posted...
So is this "Da INFINITE powah of da CLOWD!!!" 2.0?

Yup. Other than push the strengths of the Xbox One, Microsoft has decided to once again play up something that can't hope to make up for the system's weakness. Xbots will eat it up, and Ponies will have more to troll about when it fails to make a significant difference. Good job Microsoft.
#84schmarkenheimerPosted 3/21/2014 8:27:27 AM
BrownGotti posted...
schmarkenheimer posted...
Btw you don't just "add" performance. It's like a car in a spec series where you can modify things like tyre pressure, suspension setups, ride height, rake, front/rear wing angle, stiffness, engine mapping, gear ratios etc etc. You're not all of a sudden going to put another engine in the car. You're not going to double the power, decrease the weight or whatever. What you're doing is fine-tuning your setup to make what you have to go faster within your limits. I hope people understand this.

Installing an aftermarket high-performance computer chip in your car is realistically the easiest way to add noticeable power gains to your ride while keeping it street legal in all fifty states. Companies such as Jet, Edelbrock, and many others have applications which will fit literally every vehicle on the road today. If you drive a truck, either gas or diesel, it is likely that there is a handheld programmer available which can reprogram your existing computer with advanced technical data which will increase your horsepower, fuel mileage, and can switch between stock and performance modes.

Software is amazing.

But you're not "adding" power in this case, you're just using what you have better. Considering it's a console I'd expect them to already have a very low level api.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#85ssj954vegitoPosted 3/21/2014 8:30:47 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Sabram posted...
So somehow changing graphics API will make the card faster? I'm not sure about this information.

The universe has a way of changing reality without logical explanations.Sometimes things are just DESTINED to happen, whether it makes sense or not. Deals with the devil and all.

Remember when Q fixed the orbit of the moon just by clicking his fingers?

Who?
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#86teeebzPosted 3/21/2014 8:35:48 AM
Ellesarien posted...
benjimain posted...
Lol hent's back after I got him warned. Good times.

And no. No optimisation will make up for half the RAM data bandwidth, less CPU cores for games, and 2/3 the GPU shaders.

Looks at YOUR current status.....WARNED again.

Lmao
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#87HENTAIDOJIPosted 3/21/2014 8:39:33 AM
teeebz posted...
Ellesarien posted...
benjimain posted...
Lol hent's back after I got him warned. Good times.

And no. No optimisation will make up for half the RAM data bandwidth, less CPU cores for games, and 2/3 the GPU shaders.

Looks at YOUR current status.....WARNED again.

Lmao

Kaboom.

Mervin down to the last account? ticktockticktock
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#88EGMRULZPosted 3/21/2014 8:52:54 AM
Sabram posted...
So somehow changing graphics API will make the card faster? I'm not sure about this information.

^Agreed. Looks like someone has no clue what they're talking about.
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#89Kazuya_80Posted 3/21/2014 8:55:44 AM
benjimin = astute or someone else ?
#90rEaPeR_2k4Posted 3/21/2014 9:05:19 AM
Standby for ponyfall

that's pretty amazing if Microsoft can pull that off on the software side of things.
---
"Stealing cable is a victimless crime...Like punching someone in the dark." GT:bEg 4 m3Rcy