MS confirms - DX12 day 1 boost of 600Gflops/sec. Double for 60fps games.

#91BSerenityPosted 3/21/2014 8:20:00 AM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...
BSerenity posted...
al3azmi posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
More PR nonsense, you'd have thought they'd have learnt their lesson by now.

AMD, Nvidia, Epic Games, Microsoft and everyone else all have the same PR?

The Difference between Consoles and PC's
this is nonsense for the consoles but makes a lot of sense for PC games.

Funny how two of those companies are pushing for far more support of OpenGL than DirectX in the PC scene. (Which will flow over to consoles eventually) This whole DirectX 12 seems like a reactionary measure against more OpenGL adoption and Mantle. Going to be interesting and fun to see DirectX get pushed aside more and more on the PC front.

I'm surprised to see you still pontificating on issues related to APIs as you have clearly been shown to be clueless in such matters. This contribution only deepens our confidence in your ineptitude. Feel free to post such reassuring blabber on the PS4 boards, but it's not going to go unchallenged here. Anyone who paid attention to yesterday's presser or took the time to read about it knows DX12 is not a kneejerk move on MS' part.

I have explained myself in the other topic. I will not do it here.

Where in my posts did I say this was a knee jerk reaction? Don't put phrases into my posts that were never implied. You can attack me all you want. I at least can look at this realistically. I don't just take what a company hands me and eat it up as if they are not spinning or playing it up. MS can say this will do this or that, but until it is actually seen as in actual game footage running on an actual retail XBO then their words are hollow (This is made towards the comment of power by Spencer) I have the same mindset towards Sony.

You seem to be smitten with the idea that DirectX 12 is going to unlock this untapped power in the XBO. I have always maintained the idea that through software optimization the games will get better (Goes for all consoles). We seen the same last generation. The fact is no matter how much software optimization it is NOT going to make up for the hardware within (This is a fact no matter what spin is put on it).
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#92DarkReign2022Posted 3/21/2014 8:33:42 AM
Considering the Xbox One is right on the edge and clearly capable of running in 1080p at 60 FPS (as Forza 5 has proven) it's not like the upgrade needs to have much effect on the hardware at all. With a little effort every game on the XB1 could be runnning in 1080p no problem, but many developers don't feel it's worth the time and effort to do the work around necessary because of the ESRAM, so providing developers with the tools to make 1080p support more effortless is certainly not a bad thing.
#93jblaze2121Posted 3/21/2014 8:35:18 AM
Ellesarien posted...
benjimain posted...
Lol hent's back after I got him warned. Good times.

And no. No optimisation will make up for half the RAM data bandwidth, less CPU cores for games, and 2/3 the GPU shaders.

Looks at YOUR current status.....WARNED again.

Bahahaha
Interesting
---
GT:jblaze2121-PSN:jblaze2121-3DS FC:3093-8430-0175~
#94MRL3G3NDPosted 3/21/2014 8:35:37 AM
Didn't they play this card already?
Try to boost the power of the system with articles?

lmao
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#95godplaysSNESPosted 3/21/2014 8:36:12 AM
The biggest reason Forza 5 runs in 60 FPS at 1080p is because it's a racing game. Racing games can cut corners in many ways, they are much more "simple" than the typical FPS
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#96MrSpaM111Posted 3/21/2014 8:45:29 AM
Another thread taken over by microsoft fanatics spreading false information, why am I still surprised by this?
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#97XxReklawxXPosted 3/21/2014 8:53:07 AM
Being a Sony kind of guy im happy that both systems are doing well and integrating innovation into there systems. All i can say is its good to be a gamer right now.
#98LEGEND_KILLERRRPosted 3/21/2014 9:13:51 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Basically Forza 5 uses less than 50% of the Xbones powah!

Imagine how good Forza 6 will be at 2.6 TFlops. 120FPS. Locked. 32 cars. 720 physics calcs per frame. Incredible. Xbox. Won.

User Name
Order1886
User ID 6934619
Board User Level

-2: Banned
User has been banned from posting messages for one or more Terms of Service violations.

mcLoling

gotta catch 'em all.

LOL!! Love it
---
GT HauntedBlueMoon Respect Competition. (Don't Hate it)
#99BSerenityPosted 3/21/2014 9:20:08 AM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Basically Forza 5 uses less than 50% of the Xbones powah!

Imagine how good Forza 6 will be at 2.6 TFlops. 120FPS. Locked. 32 cars. 720 physics calcs per frame. Incredible. Xbox. Won.

User Name
Order1886
User ID 6934619
Board User Level

-2: Banned
User has been banned from posting messages for one or more Terms of Service violations.

mcLoling

gotta catch 'em all.

LOL!! Love it

Love that idiotic first part of Hentai's post as well.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#100PudgeisafishPosted 3/21/2014 9:34:40 AM
Mrspam111 wrote...

Another thread taken over by microsoft fanatics spreading false information, why am I still surprised by this?---

Why don't individuals that say this not include a reasoning?

I would like to know what is real, please share.