VR headset... WTh is the point??

#11Tyronelio1Posted 3/21/2014 6:49:52 AM
Viet0ne posted...
jjordan0002 posted...
The funny thing is ponies are always hating on first person experiences. In order for the VR headset to work properly and make you feel in the game they all have to be first person games.

There's a big difference between FPS games and other FP games. Your statement proves your ignorance.

The only people downplaying the things like the Oculus Rift are the people who have never used it or can't use it.

A small amount of people will get motion sickness but for the gaming industry as a whole, Immersion technology like these VR headsets are going to improve the gaming experience significantly more than something like the Kinect. Kinect is more of a gimmick than VR. So far, after over 5 years, there isn't any benefit to the Kinect. Even in alpha\beta stages, the Rift has already proven to be more effective at making a better gaming experience and has more support from game developers than the Kinect.

The only people who downplay the kinect haven't used or can't use it.
VR headsets are just a gimmick.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#12BloatedSquirrelPosted 3/21/2014 6:51:33 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Viet0ne posted...
jjordan0002 posted...
The funny thing is ponies are always hating on first person experiences. In order for the VR headset to work properly and make you feel in the game they all have to be first person games.

There's a big difference between FPS games and other FP games. Your statement proves your ignorance.

The only people downplaying the things like the Oculus Rift are the people who have never used it or can't use it.

A small amount of people will get motion sickness but for the gaming industry as a whole, Immersion technology like these VR headsets are going to improve the gaming experience significantly more than something like the Kinect. Kinect is more of a gimmick than VR. So far, after over 5 years, there isn't any benefit to the Kinect. Even in alpha\beta stages, the Rift has already proven to be more effective at making a better gaming experience and has more support from game developers than the Kinect.

And how is Kinect not a gimmick?
---
"What are you pointing the gun at the suitcase for? It's dead already."
#13TreGoodaPosted 3/21/2014 6:53:28 AM
BloatedSquirrel posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Viet0ne posted...
jjordan0002 posted...

And how is Kinect not a gimmick?

Because it works as intended, is very convenient and is a great addition to the console. However, I don't think VR headsets are a gimmick either. Lots of cool things can be done with both technologies.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#14MRL3G3NDPosted 3/21/2014 6:59:07 AM
wow
See this... this is why gaming has slowed to a crawl in the past 10 years... people with no imagination completely content with what they are fed

large corporations don't have to innovate and come up with new things, because the sheep are completely content with 1000's of unreal engine cover based shooters...

smh
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#15Viet0nePosted 3/21/2014 6:59:46 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Viet0ne posted...
jjordan0002 posted...

If VR is a gimmick, then the Kinect must be a piece of junk because not only aren't there any games released that use the Kinect in any meaningful way, there aren't any future announced games that use the Kinect in any meaningful way. Even Xbox Exclusive developers aren't developing for the Kinect because of how ineffective it is.
---
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#16-FryShakeWad-Posted 3/21/2014 7:00:26 AM
shuggyconehead posted...
Go to YouTube and watch markiplier play the ocolus rift. It's gonna change a lot a things in the gaming world.

Just like the virtual boy did.
#17TreGoodaPosted 3/21/2014 7:00:36 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
wow
See this... this is why gaming has slowed to a crawl in the past 10 years... people with no imagination completely content with what they are fed

large corporations don't have to innovate and come up with new things, because the sheep are completely content with 1000's of unreal engine cover based shooters...

smh

The industry has improved leaps and bounds over the last 10 years and it continues to progress.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#18Tyronelio1Posted 3/21/2014 7:02:06 AM
Viet0ne posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Viet0ne posted...
jjordan0002 posted...

If VR is a gimmick, then the Kinect must be a piece of junk because not only aren't there any games released that use the Kinect in any meaningful way, there aren't any future announced games that use the Kinect in any meaningful way. Even Xbox Exclusive developers aren't developing for the Kinect because of how ineffective it is.

Kinect sports rivals is out on the 1st of April..

Then there's just dance and dance central.

All use the kinect well not to mention the voice commands of kinect 2.0 and how well it works.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#19TRC-G00SEPosted 3/21/2014 7:05:07 AM(edited)
I have a friend that I know will get a VR. I cant wait to run and drop kick him off the couch while he is wearing that headset.

"Wow, this game is so real!"

---
****!
#20Panzerlied93Posted 3/21/2014 7:14:23 AM
I don't get it either. Looks goofy as F*** imo.

Imagine a bird coming round and going "what's that?"
"Well sweetheart, that's my virtual reality headset, I stick it on and pretend I'm in a game."

Yeah, sack that.
---
"It would be spiteful to put jellyfish in a trifle"