Why do you care about graphics?

#1Tyronelio1Posted 3/21/2014 6:28:58 AM
Sure graphics are improving and the better the graphics the more casual gamer will like it.

But why do you care so much about graphics?

It seems that with recent titles that are gorgeous the gameplay just hasn't been very fun after a certain period of time. (Infamous and Ryse) (but that radiant wave power from infamous blew me away, just wow).

Crytek is the biggest villain in this, almost having beautiful games but the actual games them selfs are meh in every other department.

Would you say that the quest for the best graphics in gaming is bringing down the overall quality in gaming or do you believe that better graphics equals better game?

Keen to know your opinions. :)
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#2Cowboy082288Posted 3/21/2014 6:32:26 AM
I care about graphics because I like annoying all the pretentious people that say they don't care.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 3/21/2014 6:34:05 AM
I'm easily distracted by shiny objects.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#4matt-nicklinPosted 3/21/2014 6:34:59 AM
Graphics are nice, but it shouldn't be what makes you buy the game, who cares if it looks nice if the story and gameplay etc are garbage.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#5BansDontWorkPosted 3/21/2014 6:36:49 AM
Why do you care what I care about?
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#6BloatedSquirrelPosted 3/21/2014 6:38:31 AM
I like the shinies...
---
"What are you pointing the gun at the suitcase for? It's dead already."
#7Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 6:38:31 AM
BansDontWork posted...
Why do you care what I care about?

I don't to be honest, I enjoy reading other people opinions on a certain topic/issue.
---
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#8Jedi454Posted 3/21/2014 6:44:21 AM
I absolutely don't know where gamers went wrong. People were always amazed by graphics, but just because there is no possible way to jump in technology faster than there is, people are just crying about nothing.

Personally I just want to see quality games be released, but if resolution isn't 1080p, 60fps, I couldn't give a flying ****. I've owned Morrowind on Xbox and PC, preferred it on Xbox, despite modding and much better graphics on PC.

Gameplay, Story and Replay-ability comes before Graphics in my books and that's what I judge on whether I purchase a game or not and graphics is 4th on the list.
---
No one should buy MGSV: Ground Zeroes, don't support Konami and their greedy ways.
#9bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 3/21/2014 6:44:28 AM
I think the graphics for all the games this gen are fine. The only time I won't buy a game because of graphics is if they look like they came from the N64.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#10Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 6:47:14 AM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
I think the graphics for all the games this gen are fine. The only time I won't buy a game because of graphics is if they look like they came from the N64.

That's fair and I think that their should be a common standard.

You can say art style all you want but no modern game should look like an n64 game.

3d technology has improved so there's really no excuse.
---