Why do you care about graphics?

#31Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 8:50:49 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
BigBOO2U posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Sure graphics are improving and the better the graphics the more casual gamer will like it.

But why do you care so much about graphics?

Are you still playing video games on your Atari 2600?

No?

/thread

That has nothing to do with graphics at all...

Of course it does. At least to the people who managed to score triple digits on the English portion of the SAT.

If graphics "didn't matter", or you yourself "didn't care about them so much", you and everyone else would be content with the blocky resolutions of the Atari's games still today. And we'd still be watching TV and movies in black and white instead of HD or 4K color.

This is one of those inane topics that for some unknowable reason a very small subset of this site like to bring up again and again and again for no discernible purpose. Except perhaps as an "excuse" to poo-poo away the Xbox One's inability to compare with its main competition in terms of video resolution and frame rate output of course.

Oh so you're just a troll too... Should've noticed on your post about project spark.

The topic asked a simple question, or two.

Why do you care about graphics and Would you say that the quest for the best graphics in gaming is bringing down the overall quality in gaming or do you believe that better graphics equals better game?
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#32BigBOO2UPosted 3/21/2014 8:54:37 AM(edited)
Tyronelio1 posted...
'I only defend Microsoft and the Xbox One and never question their motives or its short comings because I can't'

You sound exactly like another poster on this site, ILIKEGAMESMAN.

It is well known he has many alt accounts and always defends the Xbox even to the point of unreasoning delusion.

I also see that your account was created at the same time as his last December too.

Go figure.

Oh. Now I see why you're posting under this account a lot more now:

Board User Information
User Name ILikeGamesMan
User ID 6888712
Board User Level -2: Banned
User has been banned from posting messages for one or more Terms of Service violations

LOL

---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#33AvirosbPosted 3/21/2014 8:53:51 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
If graphics "didn't matter", or you yourself "didn't care about them so much", you and everyone else would be content with the blocky resolutions of the Atari's games still today. And we'd still be watching TV and movies in black and white instead of HD or 4K color.

There's a thing called 'dated gameplay' you know.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#34SolisPosted 3/21/2014 9:06:19 AM
I care about graphics because they directly influence the experience I get from games, and can either enhance or diminish the enjoyment I get from them.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#35Cowboy082288Posted 3/21/2014 9:08:06 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

I don't think you're getting the point of topic...

You asked for an opinion. I gave it to you. Was that not the point of your topic?

Or was the point to try and show others how your above caring about graphics?

Would you say that the quest for the best graphics in gaming is bringing down the overall quality in gaming or do you believe that better graphics equals better game?

Was the question I asked and wanted opinions on.

But you're a simple troll who just posts anti ms and Xbox things on every topic I see you in so it's no surprise you couldn't read the whole thing.

Go back and read your first post. You imply first that 'casuals' care about graphics. Pretentious statement. Then I point out that the same game can be played with better or worse gfx. Therefore using simple logic tells you that improved graphics can not be tied to diminishing other aspects of a game.

By the way, Casual gamers tend to care less about graphics than the more hardcore. Games like Angry Birds, candy crush. Who do you think those games are popular with? Also the casual crowd tends to adopt new tech slower than the more hardcore, often waiting years before buying a new console after they release.

Also I'm a troll posting anti MS and Xbox stuff?????? what lol

The casual gamer as in the type who owned a wii and play in their smart phones who just want the best thing, and they see hype with amazing graphics and they will buy it no matter what, case and point, GTAV.

I'm not that petty where I'd mention casuals in the term the dark souls community uses it.

And improved graphics can be tied to a diminishing of other aspects in the game, look at crytek like I said.
Or even again GTAV.

Also if you can comprehend, I clearly stated about devs that strive for superior graphics and leave the rest of the game not as good.

Not graphics that are better on a different console or on the pc.

The game can look beautiful but if it plays like a turd then it's still a turd albeit a good looking one.

Well that first thing you said made no sense whatsoever. Casuals play games on Wii and smartphones because they care so much about graphics? What?

As for the rest well I think your not getting how AAA games get made. It is not like there is one guy going 'Well I can improve the graphics or improve the AI but I can't do both'. Also many people like FarCry and Crysis so I don't know why your giving crytek such a hard time. Ryse was universally considered a mediocre game, even with good graphics.

Also lets do a simple thought exercise. If improved graphics can be tied to diminishing quality then wouldn't games get worse over time on a console? Would that not mean that the games being released within the first year on the PS4 and X1 are going to be better than the games released 5 years from now on those consoles? Since you know..... the graphical quality of games on the consoles will improve over time.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#36rizzerPosted 3/21/2014 9:10:14 AM
I care more about clean graphics with no jaggies than extra detailed graphics. I feel jaggies kill graphics, I can play any game with any graphics, just no jaggies!
#37Jedi454Posted 3/21/2014 9:11:28 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
'I only defend Microsoft and the Xbox One and never question their motives or its short comings because I can't'

You sound exactly like another poster on this site, ILIKEGAMESMAN.

It is well known he has many alt accounts and always defends the Xbox even to the point of unreasoning delusion.

I also see that your account was created at the same time as his last December too.

Go figure.

Oh. Now I see why you're posting under this account a lot more now:

Board User Information
User Name ILikeGamesMan
User ID 6888712
Board User Level -2: Banned
User has been banned from posting messages for one or more Terms of Service violations

LOL

Unreasoning delusion? No one should have to defend the Xbox One in the first place, but petty trolls like yourself and ignorant fanboys attack people on these forums. This is a clear example of it.
---
No one should buy MGSV: Ground Zeroes, don't support Konami and their greedy ways.
#38BigBOO2UPosted 3/21/2014 9:15:55 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Unreasoning delusion? No one should have to defend the Xbox One in the first place, but petty trolls like yourself and ignorant fanboys attack people on these forums. This is a clear example of it.

The problem is, people like you call people like me "petty trolls" and say we are "attacking people on these forums" for doing nothing more than pointing out facts that cast your favorite toy and toy maker in an unflattering light.

"Unreasoning delusion" still stands as a perfect descriptor. Especially when a poster in question feels the need to make a dozen alt accounts in order to either 1) present the illusion of agreement from multiple accounts or 2) have multiple accounts handy when the inevitable banning occurs.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#39Jedi454Posted 3/21/2014 9:19:08 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
Jedi454 posted...

The problem is, people like you call people like me "petty trolls" and say we are "attacking people on these forums" for doing nothing more than pointing out facts that cast your favorite toy and toy maker in an unflattering light.

"Unreasoning delusion" still stands as a perfect descriptor. Especially when a poster in question feels the need to make a dozen alt accounts in order to either 1) present the illusion of agreement from multiple accounts or 2) have multiple accounts handy when the inevitable banning occurs.

Where is the evidence of any user using multiple accounts? Do you have an IP tracker on people? I think not.

I think you need to re-evaluate your life if you're spending it arguing with people that happen to enjoy their console. If you love PC gaming or Sony so much, why don't you spend your time on those boards? Because you clearly have no intention on purchasing an Xbox One.
---
No one should buy MGSV: Ground Zeroes, don't support Konami and their greedy ways.
#40Tyronelio1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 9:19:26 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
Jedi454 posted...

I remember the first time I was accused of being an alt, it was in the DmC boards and I said I loved the game more than the original 4 and the antis went crazy, kinda like you ps4 and pc owners do on this board.

Always used this account though brother, have been since I joined from the saints row 4 board.

Unlike a certain Playstation fanboy that's notorious for doing it.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.