So what do you think of the Xbox one controller?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/21/2014 8:20:42 AM
So what do you do you think of the Xbox one controller ? - Results (99 votes)
I love it! Definite upgrade over the 360.
52.53% (52 votes)
I like it it's still better than the Sony controller.
15.15% (15 votes)
I really don't like this controller.
32.32% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Gen. controller people
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#2pjnelsonPosted 3/21/2014 8:31:37 AM
As long as Sony keeps using updates of the same crappy old design, they will never have a good controller. Everything about it is wrong. The left analog stick is in the wrong place; an illogical place. It's nonsensical to name the face buttons after shapes when letters have been the universal standard, are more practical, and have a logic to them. Their stubby little grips are anti-ergonomic leaving you cupping them and asking it to cough rather than properly and comfortably gripping them. Then, at least with DS3 (haven't used DS4 yet) they had ridiculous convex triggers even though everything in the history of triggers on anything that's ever had a trigger, from controllers to guns to power tools, have used concave triggers.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#3Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/21/2014 8:37:50 AM
After using both for some months. I prefer the X1 controller.
But the Ds4 is really good too. If only the sticks had offset and better rubber.

Both are great controllers.
#4richboy900Posted 3/21/2014 8:38:40 AM
I still like the 360 controller the most, but the xb1 controller is the next best thing.

The ds4 is a great improvement over the ds3 (which I hated), but the battery life is awful. I'd rather the Xbox one controller still to the ds4, but the ds4 is not bad at all. 360 still beats them both Imo.
#5Shaolin015Posted 3/21/2014 8:39:06 AM
Well that declines quickly. I chose the last option not because I hate the controller, just that I think it's worse than both the 360 and the ps4 controller. Overall it's a good controller but I don't like the bumper placements, the smaller joysticks, and the less resistant joysticks. I like the dpad, and none of its problems have stopped me from pwning people in titanfall
#6X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 3/21/2014 8:47:00 AM
360 > DS4 > XB1 = DS3 (with RealTriggers)

That's how I feel about each controller, but the margin separating them is very small. They're all comfortable as hell for their own reasons.

360 - Has the best overall feel with smooth, long handles that make it easy to hold and the best triggers of any controller I've ever used.

DS4 - Also has longer rounded handles and has my preferred stick layout. I also always liked the flatter buttons on DS controllers, plus the shoulder buttons feel more natural. The new d-pad is on par with previous DS controllers, maybe even a little better.

XB1 - Longer handles but rigid in the rear, so the tips of my fingers are always resting in that area instead of naturally curving around it like the 360 controller. I don't love the new bumper positioning, but the rumble in the triggers is fantastic and something I wish the DS4 had.

DS3 (with Realtriggers) - Without the RealTrigger attachments this controller would clearly be in last. I didn't love the convex sticks and the original triggers were a pain to use. Realtriggers help a lot with the grip, but the shorter handles became more of an issue for me than with the DS1/2 because my hands have gotten bigger and it became less comfortable. I still prefer the stick layout, shoulder buttons, and the D-Pad to the 360/XB1 controllers, though.
---
We all give up eventually...
#7Killah PriestPosted 3/21/2014 8:48:00 AM
I do not like it at all.

the new shaped triggers still hurt my fingers.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#8richboy900Posted 3/21/2014 9:05:16 AM
Killah Priest posted...
I do not like it at all.

the new shaped triggers still hurt my fingers.

Saying that reminds me of the ps2 days when on some racing games, gran Turismo 4 and F1 '05 for example, where you had to press "X" so hard for 100% throttle. After a while you'd get a sore thumb lol.
#9ethanpaigePosted 3/21/2014 9:06:55 AM
I prefer the DS4, but I still like the One's controller. I liked the 360 controller better than either of them. The One has the better analog sticks, but idk... something about it just bothers me. It feels fragile when I hold it.
---
Boston Red Sox - 2013 World Series Champions | Sunbro for life!!!
psn: bosox327....XBL: E7H4N 360....3DS: 1848-1666-8730
#10outcast1398Posted 3/21/2014 9:10:04 AM
I love it, love the rumble triggers. Big fan of the 360 controller, and wasn't sure about the X1 controller at first.

That said, and this will not be the norm I think, but I never had much of a problem with the DS3, and I have big hands (as long as it wasn't a FPS). I actually used an adapter to use the 360 controller with my PS3 for the short time I played fps's on it.

Haven't held a DS4 since a pre launch demo. When I finally get a PS4 I don't think I'll be disappointed though, especially if it's a little bigger than the DS3.

Apologies for being overly positive ;P