Which controller feels better? (Serious discussion)

#11SnoicFactorPosted 3/21/2014 11:23:23 AM(edited)
DS4 wins. X1 controller feels cheap, sticks are too thin at top and too sensitive(too little resistance), bumpers suck, no cool features like headset input, dpad still sucks, etc. 360 >>> x1 controller. I wish I were making this up.
---
nt
#12liquidblue4Posted 3/21/2014 11:23:04 AM
Xbox One easy.

DS4 is a MASSIVE improvement over the earlier Playstation controllers though.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#13axelfooley2k5Posted 3/21/2014 11:26:44 AM
Opinion will differ

The people who designed the x1 controller prob believe it is a huge upgrade over 360
---
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAeD1f2YnI
#14cheezedadadaPosted 3/21/2014 11:28:09 AM
Xbox One controller for me, but mostly because I have bigger hands and it feels more comfortable. The DS4 is a major improvement over the DS3 though, so that is a great controller too. I hated the DS3 so much it was keeping me from playing PS3 games on occasion, but I have zero issues with the DS4.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#15Reece504Posted 3/21/2014 11:31:05 AM
X1 easy the ds4 is better than 3 by a lot overall play station always had better d pads even now but x1 has better stick placement better stick feel once you get use to them and the triggers are better and has rumble triggers. The ds4 however has better bumpers this time the x1 bumpers take some getting use to because of the way they are cut.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#16AFreebyPosted 3/21/2014 11:35:59 AM
DS4 is better in just about every way. Better stick placement, better sticks in general, bumpers are better, the d-pad isn't even a contest, and the use of the touch pad is surprisingly efficient.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#17MidnightJacketPosted 3/21/2014 11:45:36 AM
Owning both systems and playing both significantly, the Xbox One's without a doubt is the best. As someone else said elsewhere, it took one of the best controller's ever on a console from the 360 and improved upon it. The rumble triggers are surprisingly pretty awesome, the bulk of the triggers are actually more comfortable to rest your finger on than you would think coming from the 360, the texture on the rim of the sticks is such a perfect addition that it makes me wonder how we gamed before it. I dislike the xbox guide button no longer working in the same manner it did on the 360, but that's not so much a controller design feature. I'm also not a fan of that guide button being raised further up on the controller instead of centered between the start and select buttons like the 360, but given that it's not a button actually used in gaming, it's not a huge loss.

The DS4 is a huge improvement from the DS3, but there are still glaring obvious problems with the controller and questionable design choices. The battery lifetime issue, along with that the desire to make a giant blue flashlight as a design choice beaming from the back of the controller, the cheap gimmicky Wii-mote knockoff speaker in the controller, and my biggest gripe are the material and texture of the sticks. Once my fingers get a little sweat on them, my thumbs slide all over it. I'm also not a fan of the share and options buttons placement or how they feel on the controller.
#18MidnightJacketPosted 3/21/2014 11:50:06 AM
AFreeby posted...
DS4 is better in just about every way. Better stick placement, better sticks in general, bumpers are better, the d-pad isn't even a contest, and the use of the touch pad is surprisingly efficient.

I am a fan of the touchpad, forgot to give props to Sony on that. I think the touchpad would actually be better suited to navigate the Xbox UI, ironically, but it's definitely well recieved on my end. When I play TF on Xbox I keep unconsciously want to hit the touchpad to bring up the player scores and have to remind myself to click on the select button, haha.

I disagree strongly about the sticks in general though. The Xbox One's are superior, have you played on them significantly? I feel like their design is a step in the right direction for Sony, but they're still not where they need to be.
#19blk911Posted 3/21/2014 11:53:14 AM
The Dualshock 4 is more than a controller!
#20MrImpatient35Posted 3/21/2014 11:54:15 AM
I personally thought that the PS3 controller was absolute garbage! I LOVED the X360 controller. I thought it was perfect. Then I got the X1 and PS4 controllers in my hands. I hate to say it, but I like the PS4's more. It was a great move to make the thumbsticks wider apart, cause that felt so weird on the PS3. The dpad also feels a lot better to me. The only thing that I like more on the X1 is the triggers. I was wrong all of last year...the comments I made about the controllers.

My main complaint about the X1 controller is that the thumbsticks are too small. It was perfect on the X360. Why did they make it smaller? The ridges on the outside of the thumbsticks is a nice touch though.
---
FML