Which controller feels better? (Serious discussion)

#41TheMove2Posted 3/21/2014 3:17:39 PM(edited)
I have small hands and had a ps4 and xbox one. I couldn't even use the ps4 controller and shot and pull down my recoil it was not made for smaller girly hands.

Xbox One controller is perfect but I will agree after awhile not a fan of the front bumpers.

Also you have to buy a headset adapter for head phones and a plug and charge kits adds $60.

PS4 has a charge pack and headsets plug right into it.
#42XxReklawxXPosted 3/21/2014 3:38:10 PM
i like certain things about both.. I love the way the DS4 sits in your hands and i love the buttons..i love the triggers i pretty much like it overall..

Xbox i love the rumble in the triggers, i hate the bumpers, i dislike how the handles are shaped, and i love the thumbsticks..so im kinda love hate thing with it.

overall i like the DS4 better...last gen was 360s no doubt.
#43thinkfootballPosted 3/21/2014 3:55:36 PM(edited)
I just want to point out--you are asking this question on on an Xbox one board, what answers do you think you're going to get?

Now that being said, I OWN both systems. I bought the ps4 a few weeks ago and have owned the xbox one since launch. It is amazing how much better the ps4 controller is. Better quality (xbox one controller creaks, seams don't fit and I own 3 of them, I have large hands and the xbox one controller feels fat and uncomfortable. The stick movement and quality feel far worse than the 360. Feels like junk and low quality, downgrade in every way except for the rumble triggers (bumpers are horrible too).

The PS4 controller is a real joy to hold. Comfortable in my hands, sticks feel like quality (so does the entire controller), every button placement just feels "right". The touchpad in the center has amazing potential to give you a much finer controller over certain aspects in games.

For anyone that is being truly honest, not even a contest--the PS4 controller is far better in quality, feel, and innovative design.

But ask this question as well on the PS board and you'll get a better overall idea.
#44quincy2000aPosted 3/21/2014 5:25:11 PM
thinkfootball posted...
...For anyone that is being truly honest, not even a contest--the PS4 controller is far better in quality, feel, and innovative design.

"anyone that is being truly honest"? Does it make sense to make a statement such as that about something so totally subjective?

My subjective opinion--I own both systems also and I do not like the PS4 controller.

Innovative, yes.

But I feel just as much quality in my Xbox One controller and the feel of Microsoft's controllers is much better than the PS4s. Again, my opinion.

I even went so far as to buy a PS4 Hori controller--it's styled like a 360 controller--and I find myself using that for most PS4 games, especially those that don't take advantage of the extra features on the PS4 controller.
#45JonnyBigBossPosted 3/22/2014 10:55:12 AM
Some of these replies don't own both. Take that into consideration.
---
I play PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, and 3DS
Be a fan of games, not corporations.
#46b1gt0nePosted 3/22/2014 11:03:17 AM
Got to hold the xbone controller for the first time yesterday, it is quite solid but feels a bit smaller than the 360's controller. The L/R bumpers also felt off to me for some reason, but I liked the overall feel to it and solid build quality.

PS4 controller just feels cheap.

WiiU Pad > Xbone controller >>>>> PS4 controller
#47robert_rangersuPosted 3/22/2014 11:07:13 AM
XB1 for me, had a shot of the PS4 one in GAME, I think it's a LOT more comfortable than the DS3, thing was too small. I prefer the stick placement on the XB1 controller though, ANd the triggers are a lot better.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#48BukoNuTzPosted 3/22/2014 11:10:23 AM
I prefer the Dualshock 4. I own these controllers and I've used both a considerable amount of time to give it a fair judgement. The only plus I would give to the X1 controller would be the triggers and it's rumble inside. Stick placement is all preference. I have no problems with symmetrical or asymmetrical.
---
PSN:BukoNuTz
#49BukoNuTzPosted 3/22/2014 11:12:53 AM
b1gt0ne posted...
Got to hold the xbone controller for the first time yesterday, it is quite solid but feels a bit smaller than the 360's controller. The L/R bumpers also felt off to me for some reason, but I liked the overall feel to it and solid build quality.

PS4 controller just feels cheap.

WiiU Pad > Xbone controller >>>>> PS4 controller

So you don't own the controllers and probably held a worn out greasy controllers, got it.
---
PSN:BukoNuTz