did they purposely block kinect mic on titanfall to get people to buy headsets?

#1NightMareBunnyPosted 3/21/2014 2:01:25 PM
seems strange that every other online enabled game i own allows you to use the kinect as a mic but titanfall doesn't....
---
PS3 VV_Argost
XB1 GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare
#2MonicasBackPosted 3/21/2014 2:02:26 PM
what about the mic that came with your xbone
---
Monicaaa
#3NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 2:04:05 PM
MonicasBack posted...
what about the mic that came with your xbone

do you realize how uncomfortable that thing is? keeps falling off every time i wear it and i have to awkwardly place it on my head in such a way that it's very uncomfortable
---
PS3 VV_Argost
#4xXHighBoostXxPosted 3/21/2014 2:12:29 PM
Im so glad its blocked. No more listening to peoples tv, kids or moms yelling in my freakin ear.
I also think the x1 headset is so much better than the 360. Feels great.
#5NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 2:14:27 PM
xXHighBoostXx posted...
Im so glad its blocked. No more listening to peoples tv, kids or moms yelling in my freakin ear.

I'm the only one in my room most of the time...so headset or kinect there's no difference
---
PS3 VV_Argost
#6DeadLock25Posted 3/21/2014 2:15:14 PM
They disabled it because the Kinect voice chat is on by default, and most people dont know that. This results in a lot of personal conversations or yelling being heard by everyone you play against without your knowledge.

There is a headset included in the box. Its comfort level is subjective, but to propose that Kinect chat being blocked is a ploy to get people to buy headsets, while ignoring the included headset just because it doesnt fit your comfort level is absurd.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#7NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 2:18:14 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
They disabled it because the Kinect voice chat is on by default, and most people dont know that. This results in a lot of personal conversations or yelling being heard by everyone you play against without your knowledge.

There is a headset included in the box. Its comfort level is subjective, but to propose that Kinect chat being blocked is a ploy to get people to buy headsets, while ignoring the included headset just because it doesnt fit your comfort level is absurd.

I've not seen one person wear the packaged headset(the only person i know IRL who has one would probably break the damn thing if he put it on)
---
PS3 VV_Argost
#8FinzFan4lifePosted 3/21/2014 2:36:21 PM
Hold the presses cause the one friend you have doesn't wear it no one does. I wore it until I bought my xo sevens.

Plus why would Respawn care they get no profit from them and I don think MS gets money or not much from third party headset sales.

Stop with the evil corporation BS
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#9rwankaPosted 3/21/2014 2:42:35 PM
xXHighBoostXx posted...

This

It drove me crazy playing p v z. I would have to go into party chat, so I wouldn't have to listen to that crap.
---
GT/PSN: Greentaurus80
#10chedibang1994Posted 3/21/2014 2:43:17 PM
NightMareBunny posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

I've not seen one person wear the packaged headset(the only person i know IRL who has one would probably break the damn thing if he put it on)

I do I don't want to spend money on another headset
---
I Still watch Angry Video Game Nerd in pajamas