Do you support annual games like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and ect?

#11Not_ShippyPosted 3/21/2014 4:42:37 PM
I haven't played an Assassin's Creed game since 2, they just don't do it for me, and every installment afterwards leaves me scratching my head.

Call of Duty truly depends upon reviews, word of mouth, and if my friends are buying it. I loved Black Ops 2, my favorite Call of Duty since Modern Warfare. But Ghosts? That game was awful, I played the demo, it was bad, and out of my group of friends only one person has it, that's not good enough to warrant a purchase.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:0476-9471-9375
Xbox Live GT:Eren x Yeager
#12mcmax3000Posted 3/21/2014 5:04:11 PM
richboy900 posted...
Only forza and battlefield

Battlefield isn't annual. It comes out every two years.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Mcmax3000
#13CapwnDPosted 3/21/2014 5:48:22 PM
Flybn11 posted...
Depends how different it is from previous games.

Why is that the "depends" answer? That's pretty narrow minded. But then again, this topic is meant to bash "annual releases" so I'm not surprised.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#14UtterMoonPosted 3/21/2014 6:13:45 PM
Assassins Creed? Yes..absolutely..its my guilty pleasure when it comes to gaming and I've spent an embarrassing amount of time playing those games..despite the simplistic combat and bad story. I cannot wait for Unity, and the French Revolution is one of my dream settings for an Assassins Creed game (Right behind modern times and feudal Japan).

Call of Duty? No..I haven't supported it for years because it doesn't offer me anything that I cannot find in better games...its a FPS...and hell, even with the lack of games on both current gen. consoles they still have 3 AAA FPS titles...of which CoD is the worst. What upsets me the most is the mindset of the developer...they've made so much money off of the series...and they've put a minimal amount back into the game itself. The graphics for the newest iteration are last gen. and arguably the worst on either console, and that is unforgivable.

It all depends on the game though...on the series...Assassins Creed is one of a kind, there really are no other games like it out there...no other series has lovingly re-created as many historic cities and time periods as Assassins Creed has..and the game is a lot of fun, and it has continued to look better with each new title, and if the newest Unity trailer is gameplay (which I truly doubt) then they've gone above and beyond my expectations....just like the did with Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood and Black Flag.
#15MonicasBackPosted 3/21/2014 6:15:10 PM
AC is the only yearly game worth buying imo...

Tons of content and enjoyable story mode.
---
Monicaaa
#16kennyynnooPosted 3/21/2014 6:18:26 PM
Sports games, yeah. I shouldn't but I have bought every NBA 2k, madden...ever. I will buy forza every 2 years also. COD, not since MW2. BF, I said I was done but bought bf4 only for this new gen, I wouldn't have last gen.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#17aszsithPosted 3/21/2014 6:28:58 PM
I buy the Assassin's Creed games. I haven't bought a COD game since MW2 and don't think I ever will again. For sports titles I usually buy ever 2-3 years, depending. They just don't change enough year to year.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#18gohoanqPosted 3/21/2014 6:44:09 PM
I support CoD because I love playing with my friends and against others even if 95% of the community is horrible beyond words. I've only bought three AC games though.. depends on the game for me to "support" I guess. I don't like "support" though because I just buy what interests me. lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.