Titanfall 2 direct result of Titanfall sales

#1PRO7IFICPosted 3/21/2014 3:04:57 PM
"This development comes as a result of the sales performance of Titanfall, which was released last week on PC and Xbox One (and was just today delayed until April on Xbox 360)."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/19/titanfall-2-will-reportedly-be-published-by-ea

So what the game sold poorly?! The game hasn't been out for one month and all these Titanfall 2 rumors are all over the damn internet!

Poor sales of Titanfall on Xbox One should not result in the neglect of the first generation Titanfall players!
EA and Respawn should fix Titanfall first before they start allocating their resources and focus to Titanfall 2!

What should they fix you ask?

SCREEN TEARS (In this day and age, this shouldn't be happening in a game, screen tears are just awful!)
FRAME RATE DIPS dropping to single digits should never be acceptable on FPS games, i.e.: Last Titan Standing (FPS thrives on higher frame rates per second)
HIGHER RESOLUTION than 792 and maybe better textures

What are your thoughts fellow gamers?
#2liquidblue4Posted 3/21/2014 3:11:19 PM
I think you should have thought this topic through before posting it and looking stupid.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#3Homie_202Posted 3/21/2014 3:27:05 PM
Honestly I think the main reason it's not selling as well as people thought it would is there isn't $60 worth of value. $40 tops. Plants vs zombies garden warfare has more content and that $40. I don't get how they can justify a $60 price tag with such a small amount of content.

People will try and defend it saying they will release more maps and such. And yes that's true but you will have to pay of them. Its a good game just not worth the price of admission. I mean they only have 5 game modes 2 of which are TDM. And like 10 pilot weapons with very minimal customizing and 3 titans with again very minimal customizing.
#4Semp1Posted 3/21/2014 3:27:08 PM
Titanfall sales are very high. Lol. And the 360 version was delayed due to that. Loser Troll.
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#5xacebopPosted 3/21/2014 3:28:37 PM
More consoles more sales. Ea sees 700k sales in a week then looks at infamous breaking a million on preorders alone and just face palms. ISS wasn't even rated as high as TF.

More consoles more sales
#6Homie_202Posted 3/21/2014 3:38:45 PM
xacebop posted...
More consoles more sales. Ea sees 700k sales in a week then looks at infamous breaking a million on preorders alone and just face palms. ISS wasn't even rated as high as TF.

More consoles more sales

Also I think people are getting tired of shooters.
#7gobuffalo30Posted 3/21/2014 3:44:13 PM
Homie_202 posted...
xacebop posted...

More consoles more sales

Also I think people are getting tired of shooters.

I agree. There's been at least a total of 4 FPS games between the new consoles the first 4 months.
#8PRO7IFIC(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 12:58:18 AM
liquidblue4 posted...
I think you should have thought this topic through before posting it and looking stupid.

I think you should've tried to comprehend what I tried to convey in this thread before opening your mouth with what little knowledge you know about it.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
#9Lawboy2Posted 3/22/2014 1:05:01 AM(edited)
PRO7IFIC posted...
"This development comes as a result of the sales performance of Titanfall, which was released last week on PC and Xbox One (and was just today delayed until April on Xbox 360)."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/19/titanfall-2-will-reportedly-be-published-by-ea

So what the game sold poorly?! The game hasn't been out for one month and all these Titanfall 2 rumors are all over the damn internet!

Poor sales of Titanfall on Xbox One should not result in the neglect of the first generation Titanfall players!
EA and Respawn should fix Titanfall first before they start allocating their resources and focus to Titanfall 2!

What should they fix you ask?

SCREEN TEARS (In this day and age, this shouldn't be happening in a game, screen tears are just awful!)
FRAME RATE DIPS dropping to single digits should never be acceptable on FPS games, i.e.: Last Titan Standing (FPS thrives on higher frame rates per second)
HIGHER RESOLUTION than 792 and maybe better textures

What are your thoughts fellow gamers?

I think you should follow what ea and respawn has been saying...any journalist who has asked them has got the same response...."we do not comment on rumors we are currently focusing on the success of titanfall and making sure its a success"

here is the quote directly from the article

"We do not comment on rumor or speculation," an EA representative told IGN. "Right now all our focus is on supporting all the fans worldwide enjoying Titanfall."
#10Lawboy2Posted 3/22/2014 1:03:33 AM
xacebop posted...

More consoles more sales

no sales have been reported...not to mention if you want to go on rumors...vgcharts has titanfall sales in the US in 4 days as 600k...that's all physical and no numbers for the UK or the pc sales...so yes its a huge success