"Console Specs Don't Matter, Exclusive Games do."

#71jastenPosted 3/24/2014 10:22:28 AM
richboy900 posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SubSeenix posted...
Sony has far superior Exclusive Developer and supports their console with many different genres.

MS was actually ranked a better developer than Sony from 2010-2012 on metacritic, and Sony just barely beat them in 2013 b/c of The Last of Us.

This, TLoU is literally Sony's only quality exclusive ace. Cage's horrible interactive movies with horrible writing are garbage, infamous is okay but not great, Uncharted has always been overrated horse ****, GoW as well, GT <<<<< Forza. Sony tosses more darts at the board than MS. And misses almost constantly.

Spot on

But let me guess.. Halo, Gears of War, and shooter 852 are soooooo much better than actual diversity? Doesn't help both of Halo and GoW had a **** last installment and neither are under the original dev teams anymore. I wouldn't exactly hang my hat on the MS exclusive rack given that they notoriously dropped exclusive support for the most part last gen and this gen isn't even offering the huge games in those first few years that really made the 360 a must buy (lost odyssey and mass effect being the two most obvious.. though one is no longer exclusive).

I guess there is a reason why MS fans get the infamous distinction of being shooter fans more than any other fanbase...
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
Becoming a monster to fight the monster still ends with a monster.
#72Sin_Angelus_Posted 3/24/2014 10:48:02 PM(edited)
jasten posted...
But let me guess.. Halo, Gears of War, and shooter 852 are soooooo much better than actual diversity?

Another misconception. Sony and MS have always had about the same amount of shooters, in fact I think PS4 has more right now. As far as a lack of diversity is concerned, the Xbox One's launch lineup and upcoming games pretty much kills that argument.

jasten posted...
Doesn't help both of Halo and GoW had a **** last installment

Halo 4 was rated higher than the last God of War and Gears was rated about the same as the most recent Infamous. By that logic Sony exclusives have had even ****ier last installments.

jasten posted...
I wouldn't exactly hang my hat on the MS exclusive rack given that they notoriously dropped exclusive support for the most part last gen and this gen isn't even offering the huge games in those first few years that really made the 360 a must buy (lost odyssey and mass effect being the two most obvious.. though one is no longer exclusive).

Not sure why you're still claiming this even after you've been told that MS was ranked the better publisher from 2010-2012. Here's a link, confirm yourself:

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2012-releases

jasten posted...
I guess there is a reason why MS fans get the infamous distinction of being shooter fans more than any other fanbase...

Yes, and that reason is ignorance.
#73jastenPosted 3/24/2014 11:16:04 PM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
jasten posted...
But let me guess.. Halo, Gears of War, and shooter 852 are soooooo much better than actual diversity?

Another misconception. Sony and MS have always had about the same amount of shooters, in fact I think PS4 has more right now. As far as a lack of diversity is concerned, the Xbox One's launch lineup and upcoming games pretty much kills that argument.

jasten posted...
Doesn't help both of Halo and GoW had a **** last installment

Halo 4 was rated higher than the last God of War and Gears was rated about the same as the most recent Infamous. By that logic Sony exclusives have had even ****ier last installments.

jasten posted...
I wouldn't exactly hang my hat on the MS exclusive rack given that they notoriously dropped exclusive support for the most part last gen and this gen isn't even offering the huge games in those first few years that really made the 360 a must buy (lost odyssey and mass effect being the two most obvious.. though one is no longer exclusive).

Not sure why you're still claiming this even after you've been told that MS was ranked the better publisher from 2010-2012. Here's a link, confirm yourself:

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2012-releases

jasten posted...

Yes, and that reason is ignorance.

Not a fan of God of War... and Halo might have ranked high with critics with 4, but fans **** all over it. I know I know, bursting your little bubble. You'd be surprised at how the ratings don't mean a damn thing anymore. I've never hung my hat on "professional" reviewers that are clearly tainted by ad dollars and biases that they refuse to admit. Especially when you've seent he bias at play clearly for SHOOTERS... they almost get a free 3 points in the grading scale no matter what.

And I am one that can like a good shooter: first modern warfare (not the cashing in trash that came after), battlefield, Halo: CE, Gears of War 3, goldeneye, and even more innovative shooters like Singularity and F.E.A.R.

The 360 USED to be a great place for diverse exclusives.. YEARS ago. Now, if you are actually going to try and claim they have the best exclusives.. well the only way to do that is to hang your hat on now sub par exclusives. I'm actually looking forward to Quantumn Break, but unlike the 360, there isn't a wave of RPGs or platformers or action adventure games that are exactly popping up on the radar after it. And to be fair, the PS4 doesn't have as many ANNOUNCED titles as I'd like either, but unlike the One I damn well know there will be a diverse offering to where if I don't like one franchise or game (God of War) I will enjoy another. I don't have that assurance with a Microsoft console right now. One company has a proven track record.. the other only has a record of buying limited exclusivity for the most diverse titles or everything being on PC anyway.

And just so you finally get the picture: diverse offering means a hell of a lot more than artificially jacked up "professional" review scores. I know, I know.. all you have is that little ranting "but but but professional critics!". Don't know what's sad... that you use it or you might actually believe a "professional" critic's opinion actually means jack ****. Movie fans learned this long ago.. why are gaming fans having this issue? That desperate or just... what?
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
Becoming a monster to fight the monster still ends with a monster.
#74nizam216Posted 3/25/2014 2:01:36 PM
/xboxssurance
#75jellybeanmasterPosted 3/25/2014 2:38:04 PM
Tell that to ps3
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#76brawl__08Posted 3/25/2014 10:34:25 PM
QuadForce878 posted...
Duke_of_Nuke posted...
Tell that to Nintendo....

Yeah the PS4 outsold the Wii U in just 4 months, at least the Wii U is still in 2nd place although its seen as already dead by most third party publishers. Seriously, how the heck is a console with less exclusives able to outsell a console with a 1 year head start in just four months?

Marketing.

You can feed people anything if you know how to advertise to them, even if your product has the least amount of content available.

Video game fans are incredibly impressionable, possibly more so than small children. Sony took advantage of that.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#77THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 3/25/2014 10:38:27 PM
That's why I bought a PS4 so I don't have to choose.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#78Sin_Angelus_Posted 3/26/2014 11:24:26 PM(edited)
jasten posted...
I know I know, bursting your little bubble.

Why would my bubble be burst when I was correct? Not only did I prove you wrong, I showed you how the the last couple Sony exclusives had even lower scores than Halo and Gears. But wait, review scores don't matter right? Then that makes your opinion matter even less. Try again.

jasten posted...
And just so you finally get the picture: diverse offering means a hell of a lot more than artificially jacked up "professional" review scores. I know, I know.. all you have is that little ranting "but but but professional critics!". Don't know what's sad... that you use it or you might actually believe a "professional" critic's opinion actually means jack ****. Movie fans learned this long ago.. why are gaming fans having this issue? That desperate or just... what?

This argument might work if you were talking about a single reviewer and there was actual proof they had been paid off, but metacritic avoids situations like that by being an average of credible scores. So even if a few faulty ones slip through it won't really matter in the grand scheme of things. As far as "artificially jacked up" reviews are concerned, you're going to need to provide proof to back up such a dubious claim. Gamers are usually quite adept at finding things like this anyway (look what happened with Kane & Lynch a few years back), so unless you have solid proof I'll consider that a strawman defense. Finally, I will once again remind you that if professional review scores mean nothing, then the opinions of one gameFAQs user (not unlike yourself) means less than nothing. No matter how much you scream, holler, and block out curse words, your opinion will always be irrelevant next to a metacritic score.
#79Apex-PlayerPosted 3/26/2014 11:28:51 PM
So what xbox games won GoTY awards, and what PS games won GoTY awards.
I think Sony hit a few more bull's-eyes guys.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#80Tyronelio1Posted 3/26/2014 11:49:18 PM
Apex-Player posted...
So what xbox games won GoTY awards, and what PS games won GoTY awards.
I think Sony hit a few more bull's-eyes guys.

Uncharted, last if us.

Halo, gears of war.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.