Anyone try Xbox Fitness yet?

#1slyman19Posted 3/21/2014 6:06:44 PM
If so, what's your opinion? Is it effective? Recommended workouts? Thanks.
#2DarkHolesPosted 3/21/2014 6:08:46 PM
It's all aerobic style workouts so it really depends on your goals to decide whether it's worth while or not.
#3mcmax3000Posted 3/21/2014 6:11:55 PM
I've heard it's really good, but I don't have any space to try it out in the room where I have my XB1, so I've never used it.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Mcmax3000
#4slyman19(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 6:16:05 PM
I don't have very many options when it comes to workouts. So I was think of using Fitness in conjunction with running. I'm more after weight loss then muscle building.
#5DojoMaxPosted 3/21/2014 6:17:13 PM
DarkHoles posted...
It's all aerobic style workouts so it really depends on your goals to decide whether it's worth while or not.

I wouldn't call interval training aerobics.
---
stop trollin
#6Ironman06Posted 3/21/2014 6:19:25 PM
It works well, I just wish there were more P90X style work outs available.
---
"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer." - Cunningham's Law
#7slyman19(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 6:21:54 PM
Ironman06 posted...
It works well, I just wish there were more P90X style work outs available.

Any recommendations for which workout I should buy?
#8DojoMaxPosted 3/21/2014 6:22:52 PM
slyman19 posted...
I don't have very many options when it comes to workouts. So I was think of using Fitness in conjunction with running. I'm more after weight loss then muscle building.

I'd try Insanity or the MMA one. They have a plethora of videos for free, but I don't think there's an entire program for free (I.E. you won't have access to the entire P90X collection unless you purchase it), but there's enough on there to give you an idea of what to expect from each program. The 10 minute workout programs are good too, it's basically a max interval training session for 10 minutes straight.

Also while you're working out little goals and challenges will popup, like beating the average scores of people in your age/gender group for a perticular section. I've pushed through workouts just to beat a score sometimes. It works really well.
---
stop trollin
#9DarkHolesPosted 3/21/2014 6:27:25 PM
slyman19 posted...

DojoMax posted...
DarkHoles posted...

I wouldn't call interval training aerobics.

And why is that?

Do you know what an aerobic workout is lol? Aerobic means getting your heart rate up and keeping it up, it's not just women doing step ups so yes intervals are aerobic. Aerobics is basically the opposite to muscle building which is anaerobic.
#10DarkHolesPosted 3/21/2014 6:33:54 PM
slyman19 posted...

If weight loss is your goal then this is a great tool for you, cannot recommend a program though as i have never followed any of these.
Ps strength training is proven to be the best for weight loss, far better than running/aerobic style workouts. If your interested in that i would suggest 5x5 stronglifts or if you don't have weights go to nerdfitness.com and look for their begginer bodyweight workout.