Anyone know how to connect the x1 to hotel wifi?

#1Rizzman111Posted 3/21/2014 6:13:30 PM
It won't connect and I bought a couple days of wifi. Is there any way to connect it?
---
Would You Kindly?
#2Ironman06Posted 3/21/2014 6:24:19 PM
I'm guessing that every hotel is different. (Also, anyone else find it odd that some hotels charge for wifi?)
---
"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer." - Cunningham's Law
#3AconformistPosted 3/21/2014 7:05:27 PM(edited)
Bridge the connection from your laptop using an ethernet cable.
#4crynryanPosted 3/21/2014 7:14:38 PM
Either use what Aconformist suggested, or you'll need to change the MAC address on your Xbox to a laptop's MAC address that's already accepted the hotel's terms of service page (if you can still do that, the 360 let you so I'd assume that the One will as well).
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#5CapwnDPosted 3/22/2014 6:49:14 AM(edited)
Both the above methods should work.

I've only hooked up a PS3 in a hotel type situation, and what I did was to set up the network connection like you usually would, then after the internet connection fails, open up the browser and get the prompt screen to accept the terms of service.

---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#6TreGoodaPosted 3/22/2014 6:48:45 AM
Initially connect > Open web browser > accept agreement.

^That's how it normally works.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#7TreGoodaPosted 3/22/2014 6:49:20 AM
crynryan posted...
Either use what Aconformist suggested, or you'll need to change the MAC address on your Xbox to a laptop's MAC address that's already accepted the hotel's terms of service page (if you can still do that, the 360 let you so I'd assume that the One will as well).

Why can't he just open up IE on the One?
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#8spacejamjordanzPosted 3/22/2014 7:24:17 AM
Most public Wi-Fi has terms to agree to before you can use it.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138