If a new shenmue was xbox one exclusive would it boost sales

#1PlzstopflamingPosted 3/21/2014 7:27:01 PM
Topic
#2KenshinXSlayerPosted 3/21/2014 11:54:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmu-l51VYTQ

Someone at MIcrosoft said they have no interest in the series (especially after they put it on the Xbox in North America and Europe). Since SEGA won't make it on their own, and Nintendo is struggling to move units, only Sony would be the most feasible outcome.
---
Currently Playing-Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting On-Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
#3AwayFromHerePosted 3/21/2014 11:57:17 PM
No it wouldn't.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4slyman19Posted 3/22/2014 12:06:05 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
No it wouldn't.

That.

The series is simply too small to make any sort of impact on any system.
#5B1GB0SS_86Posted 3/22/2014 12:11:34 AM
slyman19 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
No it wouldn't.

That.

The series is simply too small to make any sort of impact on any system.

These kids now days wouldnt even appreciate shenmue. They would say its 2 hard and say its a
Qte fest and compare it 2 la noire and hard rain and say shenmue ripped those games off.
#6B1GB0SS_86Posted 3/22/2014 12:13:44 AM
I meant heavy rain lol.
#7AwayFromHerePosted 3/22/2014 12:19:49 AM
The internet has a nasty habit of overestimating, or overhyping, things.

You see the few thousand people clamoring for Shenmue 3? Likely half of that would actually buy it,
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#8xacebopPosted 3/22/2014 1:16:16 AM
Shenmue is a cult classic so no. Good luck with halo 2 hd
#9MachineOfaDreamPosted 3/22/2014 1:20:59 AM
Shenmue was only ever notable for its attempt to make an extremely realistic video game that put presentation and interactive environments far ahead of gameplay. It hasn't aged well, though. Modern games like Tomb Raider do everything Shenmue did way better, with significantly better gameplay. I'm saying this as a pretty old school gamer, too. I'm 32, and owned a Sega Dreamcast with Shenmue back in the day. I wouldn't play it again.

The only way Shenmue could make a comeback would be with a massive revamp and a serious effort to bring it up to the modern standard of a realistic story-driven game.
---
XBL: TheBigBB
PSN: TheBig-BB
#10KenshinXSlayerPosted 3/22/2014 1:27:51 AM(edited)
MachineOfaDream posted...
Shenmue was only ever notable for its attempt to make an extremely realistic video game that put presentation and interactive environments far ahead of gameplay. It hasn't aged well, though. Modern games like Tomb Raider do everything Shenmue did way better, with significantly better gameplay. I'm saying this as a pretty old school gamer, too. I'm 32, and owned a Sega Dreamcast with Shenmue back in the day. I wouldn't play it again.

The only way Shenmue could make a comeback would be with a massive revamp and a serious effort to bring it up to the modern standard of a realistic story-driven game.

Hasn't aged well? I have to respectfully disagree. The graphics still look great to this day, and maybe if Suzuki-san, tweaks the battle system just a bit, but maintain the same feel, I have no problems with having Shenmue III with the same engine. Now, the newer generation, would have big problems: They would think this is a rip-off of other QTE based games, as someone above stated. Why would you compare Tomb Raider, a game of exploration and shooting people, which also took features from Uncharted, like Uncharted did for the original Tomb Raider games-- to Shenmue, which has nothing to do with a game like the former?
---
Currently Playing-Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting On-Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III