Adam Orth discusses the "Internet hate phenomenon"

#21EnclavePosted 3/22/2014 12:36:38 AM
I remember him saying he did soul searching or whatever and realised he couldn't blame others, so he now is back to blaming gamers for the crap that spewed from his mouth? Ugh, if I acted like he did I would have been fired myself, and rightfully so. He did it to himself, had he thought for just a moment before tweeting then he'd still be gainfully employed.

Yes some people went too far, but that doesn't excuse what he said. He ruined his own career.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#22Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 3/22/2014 12:37:22 AM
You reap what you sow, i.e., deal with it.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#23lastrockerPosted 3/22/2014 12:54:24 AM
Anyone else see the huge post by 'battlefront1943' in the comments? It's quite informative if true. He states that Adam never actually dropped all ties with MS but now works as a consultant to them. And that MS is also pushing a blame on "internet hate" for poor sales. It reminded me of an article I read a while ago about how the "entitled gamer" moniker actually from within the Industry's PR/Marketing agencies to combat against online complaints/gripes. It seems to be an active movement the Industry is starting/trying to take against consumers.

I'm constantly saddened by the direction I see gaming as a whole headed towards. It again reminds me of another article I read about 10 years ago when someone was warning that the influx of business majors to industry would be a bad thing. Take the auto industry as an example, you have people running cost-risk analysis, in order to maximize profits (while actually risking LIVES) instead of a focus on hiring engineers to design well-made products. Too many suits are getting in the way of the passion which is needed to advance the medium.
#24walintonPosted 3/22/2014 1:09:26 AM
Why is Adam Orth still getting attention. He got back exactly what he was giving, negativity. I can not believe this guy is playing the victim card, and there are people that actually defend him without knowing everything he even said. Not only did he insult people that live in areas without internet access, but he is now also playing the victim about the whole situation.

He lost his "income", and if you ask me, Adam Orth should go live to one of those "minority" places without internet and see how he likes it. Maybe then he will understand that he isn't a victim at all, but he is part of the problem itself. People like this should not be able to get a pass, he is nothing but a spoiled brat.
#25MachineOfaDreamPosted 3/22/2014 1:10:10 AM
The vast majority of the negativity did not take the form of death threats or anything close to it. When you anger virtually every customer you have by making light of their concerns, a few of those customers will also just happen to be psycho or trolls. By focusing on the most extreme responses, he's again trying to slap blame on the customers by making them out to be an angry mob. The idea that society is regressing just because people are mad at him is ludicrous and absurdly negative. He absolutely doesn't deserve to work in this industry as long as his explanation for his own failure is a worldwide societal breakdown. Dude, you messed up. Own up to it and stop blaming trolls on the internet.
---
XBL: TheBigBB
PSN: TheBig-BB
#26JeDDyDPosted 3/22/2014 1:13:26 AM
#DealWithIt
---
"Purple Monkey Dishwasher"
#27SoulTrapperPosted 3/22/2014 1:53:24 AM
Orth explained that he's seen an "us versus them" theme rise to the surface between developers and players

Well, no ****.

If your response to someone's legitimate problem is "Deal with it." instead of either ignoring it or coming up with something that at least sounds as if you actually give a damn about the people supplying you with an income, you're going to get a ton of flack for it.

If he was surprised by this, he's even dumber than I assumed he was for making that comment.

If you treat people as if they're the enemy, they're going to do the same to you.

If you're going to release a half-assed game that doesn't function properly and still charge $60 for it, you're going to make people mad.

If you cut out content and release it a few weeks later, you're going to get people upset.

If you try and BS people using PC footage to sell a console game, you're going to get comments about it.

If developers show respect for the consumer, the consumer gives respect back (see CDProjektRed, Paradox, etc)
If you think your consumers are morons and threat them as such, you're going to have to carry the consequences for it.
#28SoulTrapperPosted 3/22/2014 2:00:15 AM
lastrocker posted...
Anyone else see the huge post by 'battlefront1943' in the comments? It's quite informative if true. He states that Adam never actually dropped all ties with MS but now works as a consultant to them. And that MS is also pushing a blame on "internet hate" for poor sales. It reminded me of an article I read a while ago about how the "entitled gamer" moniker actually from within the Industry's PR/Marketing agencies to combat against online complaints/gripes. It seems to be an active movement the Industry is starting/trying to take against consumers.

I'm constantly saddened by the direction I see gaming as a whole headed towards. It again reminds me of another article I read about 10 years ago when someone was warning that the influx of business majors to industry would be a bad thing. Take the auto industry as an example, you have people running cost-risk analysis, in order to maximize profits (while actually risking LIVES) instead of a focus on hiring engineers to design well-made products. Too many suits are getting in the way of the passion which is needed to advance the medium.

Yeah, that crap started with ME3's lackluster ending.
Even the game "journalists" were calling legitimate complaints "entitlement".

Criticizing anything in this industry means you're "hating" on it and you're a "troll" and a "hater" for looking at things from a slightly more critical viewpoint.

I blame the entire modern culture in general for this phenomena, but I might just be getting old.
#29dnmtPosted 3/22/2014 2:18:57 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
The_Weeaboo posted...
http://i.minus.com/iY8VzZWDGqkSC.jpg

The guy's an idiot, plain and simple. He can do all of the soul-searching he wants. You can't fix stupid.

All of his tweets made sense.

If you're stuck in the past and don't have Internet then you should play old consoles.

It doesn't matter how much sense you think it makes. Insulting your audience so blatantly is just asking for the boot. Also you apparently forgot about U.S. army members which usually don't have access to the web. Why do you hate our troops, Tyrone?
#30Tyronelio1Posted 3/22/2014 2:28:14 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
The_Weeaboo posted...
http://i.minus.com/iY8VzZWDGqkSC.jpg

The guy's an idiot, plain and simple. He can do all of the soul-searching he wants. You can't fix stupid.

All of his tweets made sense.

If you're stuck in the past and don't have Internet then you should play old consoles.

It doesn't matter how much sense you think it makes. Insulting your audience so blatantly is just asking for the boot. Also you apparently forgot about U.S. army members which usually don't have access to the web. Why do you hate our troops, Tyrone?

I decided to stop replying to fanboys but eh.

they should be defending your shoddy countries interests rather than playing video games...

Also using your troops as a defense is pitiful.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.