Is Titanfall more fun than Call of Duty?

#1Second_HokagePosted 3/21/2014 9:29:45 PM
Can i hop in and out and have fun right away like in call of duty?
#2Lawboy2Posted 3/21/2014 9:30:11 PM
Yes...alot more fun
#3TheMove2Posted 3/21/2014 9:41:24 PM
You can have fun if your really bad at fps games because there are a ton of meat sim bots to kill.
#4MistahApplezPosted 3/21/2014 9:43:56 PM
It's hilarious just how much more fun TF is than CoD.

At least in the beginning.
---
Enough with the fanboyism
#5singhellotakuPosted 3/21/2014 10:06:51 PM
absolutely, especially because the way you get titans (speed up titans) heavily discourages camping and the bots keep you from getting frustrated when you are having a bad day.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot
#6chex81Posted 3/21/2014 10:11:20 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Yes...alot more fun

---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
#7DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/21/2014 10:37:57 PM
I especially love the idea of Last Titan Standing. Even when you are on the losing team, it is normal to play 7 rounds without dying once because everyone becomes focused on the remaining titans. Its also very satisfying trying to find and pick off minions all over the map to get points and also speed up titan production or if you are in a titan, speed up your core power ability.

You play a round of attrition and you are actively hunting mobs or guarding areas where your mobs are (its actually like MOBAs for some reason...), jumping into titans, ejecting out and continuing on.

Its quite impressive how the Titans take the regular FPS formula and modes and transforms them so much.

I also find the balance between the three Titan chassis quite amazing. Before this game launched, I thought stryders were going to be crap because of how fragile they are but now they are my favorite. The best part of Titan fights is that its completely opposite of regular ground fights. Enemies don't die in like 2 seconds like in ground engagements. They become far more tactical and strategic as you are trying to push your shields and use a whole crapload of skills and manuevres in order to capitalize on damage or mitigate damage. Whereas infantry battles are over in about 2 seconds just like in Battlefield and CoD, battles in titans take quite a long time and you can in fact, retreat very easily and fight 4-5 battles with a single Titan. This is especially true of Stryders since if you are good, you can do backwards dashes into cover and make quick escapes.

I really hope devs take cues from Titanfall.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#8sonicteam2k1Posted 3/21/2014 10:41:02 PM
yes. Much more fun. I went back to playing COD and was very pissed because of lack of mobility, no wall running, and spawn die spawn die spawn die. It sucked.

Titanfall is so much different than COD it's not even funny. I don't know how people say it's the same.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#9Homie_202Posted 3/21/2014 10:43:49 PM
Playing with garbage is more fun than cod. O wait they are one in the same.
#10DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/21/2014 11:02:42 PM
The CoD comments came from the fact that these guys invented the modern CoD formula. But really, people should have focused on the fact that they are inventors, not that they made CoD and can only do so.

And yeah, BF4 is far more like CoD than Titanfall is. It is a completely different kind of shooter than any I've played. Some people were silly enough to compare it to tribes but those people obviously never played tribes or thinks jetpacks in tribes function even remotely the same as in Titanfall. Titanfall isn't about super fast jetpacks, its about parkour.

The most interesting thing about Titanfall is that you never feel like you are just running down corridors. The type of mobility you have access to on foot just makes for a completely different kind of experience. You are using your skills even in traversing the terrain.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H