Early adopters of Xbox One should not be upset that there is a current sale

#11MachineOfaDreamPosted 3/22/2014 1:14:11 AM
Price drops and bundle deals have always been a thing for any game console I can remember, even back to the early 8-bit days. Massive price drops are almost always to be expected for games, too. People who are upset should probably just make it a habit to wait until they buy. Buying the console at launch was only ever going to be worth it if you wanted to play some of those launch games. Personally, I got it as a gift, so I don't care either way.
---
XBL: TheBigBB
PSN: TheBig-BB
#12QuadForce878Posted 3/22/2014 2:23:54 AM
What can they really do about? Microsoft already has their money.
#13CaIiber345Posted 3/22/2014 2:40:35 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Bigger installed base means better quality games on the way.

Please elaborate on the correlation you're implying.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#14Semp1Posted 3/22/2014 2:44:38 AM
I'm not mad. I'm just buying a second one for the bedroom.
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#15A11eyKatPosted 3/22/2014 3:16:27 AM
Don't you realize that most major stores give you a price match for $30 days. Unless your a jag off and buy your video games at EB.
---
---
You need people like me so you can point your fXXXXkin' fingers
#16Omega_BlackPosted 3/24/2014 2:09:01 PM
Hucast9 posted...
You guys could try to call whereever you bought the console, and ask them if there is a "price guarantee like Best Buy's price guarantee where they will match the price if it is within 30 days". You tell them just like that to see if they can accomodate you. Someone said that they bought it 10 days ago for $50 more? At least try what I said. You have nothing to lose by asking.
Yup. I just came back from Wallyworld and got a $54 difference. Before I could say that getting an XBO and Titanfall for free was a great deal. Now I can say it was an absolute steal. =)
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#17Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 2:12:11 PM
Omega_Black posted...
Hucast9 posted...
You guys could try to call whereever you bought the console, and ask them if there is a "price guarantee like Best Buy's price guarantee where they will match the price if it is within 30 days". You tell them just like that to see if they can accomodate you. Someone said that they bought it 10 days ago for $50 more? At least try what I said. You have nothing to lose by asking.
Yup. I just came back from Wallyworld and got a $54 difference. Before I could say that getting an XBO and Titanfall for free was a great deal. Now I can say it was an absolute steal. =)

Congrats. I'm tempted to get one myself. Poeple are saying to "wait until the summer" or "wait until Christmas" but I really don't think that it will get much better than $390 for the consoel and $60 for Titanfall this year. That's what the current deal is.
#18heffley19Posted 3/24/2014 2:13:56 PM
Maybe all you first day buyers can use your tears to make it better.
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
#19Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 2:19:30 PM
heffley19 posted...
Maybe all you first day buyers can use your tears to make it better.

Maybe you're just a troll who doesn't realize that early adopters deserve repect +1 for making their purchase. They don't deserve stupid comments like yours.
#20kyrammas01Posted 3/24/2014 3:39:17 PM
I could not care less that it costs less now, it's bound to happen eventually. I have had more fun paying an extra $50 and playing X1 for the last four months then I would have had if I had waited for a price drop. Plus, unboxing and starting up a new console on launch day is ton of fun, I would have been kinda bummed to miss out on that.