should i buy theif or lego marvel?

#1B1GB0SS_86Posted 3/21/2014 10:56:04 PM
I want 2 try theif because despite the bad reviews it looks hard and challenging and i think that is the reason for the reveiws. And i want to try lego marvel cuz it looks fun and i have my 7 year old nephew and i need an easy game for him 2 play. He likes cod and bf4 but they are a bit difficult for him. He is pretty good at ryse tho.
#2Homie_202Posted 3/21/2014 10:59:55 PM
I haven't played thief but Lego marvel is pretty amazing.
#3IAMTH3GUYVERPosted 3/21/2014 11:13:32 PM(edited)
I personally am not interested in playing Thief. I've beaten LEGO Marvel three times now though on both 360 and ONE while getting all achievements for both systems. It's the most fun LEGO game I've ever played right next to Pirates Of The Caribbean. Go for Lego, dude!
---
"Boys screamed and girls screamed. So I made him scream, and scream, and scream..." ~ SPAWN
#4iggyhaxorPosted 3/21/2014 11:15:14 PM
I greatly enjoyed thief
---
iggy - greenton (acnl) 3ds 4828-4520-0364 dream address=5800-2822-9691
#5Sith JediPosted 3/21/2014 11:41:13 PM
I before E except after C.

Also, SOHCAHTOA and please excuse my dear aunt Sally...And eat a dead gopher before Easter.

Man, I owe my teachers many thanks...all those things really did stick. Although I can't remember the one for reading resistor values, screw that teacher.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#6lokinineteenPosted 3/22/2014 12:43:47 AM
I preordered Thief as I got it cheap and wanted something new to play but have only played it twice for a total of like 6 hours. The map design isnt too great and theres objectives which seem to be off the map, guessing you need to progress to get there but it bugged me.

Got Lego Marvel for my lad and its pretty enjoyable. Not a fan of Lego games at all but liking this so far and I wanna play it more but keep just for us to play together.
#7da_StoOgePosted 3/22/2014 2:57:07 AM
You know what, I bought Thief not expecting much and I'm really enjoying it.

The level design seems decent so far with plenty if alternate routes, the stealth mechanics are solid (haven't been seem yet, so no idea how combat is) and best of all: you can tailor a ton if settings to your liking.

The list of option you can mess around with is pretty impressive. From memory:

*You can turn off mid level saving

*turn off each individual HUD element

*turn off maps

*game over on detection

*remove combat option so you can't just bash your way through

*switch off object highlights, object flashing, and prompts to pick up items. All as individual options so you can turn off just one or all.

*make items more expensive

*remove health items

*limit inventory

Man, I wish more games were like this. I'm playing a 2014 game with zero hand-holding and the best part is I could lend it to my friend and he could turn on some options to make things easier for him.

Every game needs this level of customisation.
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#8Pantera_head667Posted 3/22/2014 3:07:28 AM
I have both, they're both great, but if i had to choose, id say Lego marvel... There's just so much to do and unlock it lasts ages.
---
_,-' Dance to the decadence dance '-,_
#9oldhbk76Posted 3/22/2014 3:11:11 AM
Both are good games, as to which you should buy? Depends on your mood stealthy or super hero
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#10aheroafakePosted 3/22/2014 3:17:58 AM
Never played Theif and I have enjoyed every Lego game I have played but I didn't enjoy Lego Marvel at all. I don't know why but I just couldn't get into it.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |