PS4 Camera vs Kinect 2

#1MilesTeg420Posted 3/22/2014 6:35:12 AM
So now that we know the PS4 Camera will serve an integral role in Sony's VR ambitions (it was designed specifically for VR), where are we now in terms of value proposition for both devices?

When I look at the PS4 Camera today, I see a device that costs $60 and has a very important role in the future of gaming.

When I look at the Kinect, I see a device that is more expensive, and won't work well for VR (too much latency). I hear rumors of "Fortazela", but I haven't actually seen this product yet.

So in my opinion, it is kind of ironic where we stand today regarding these devices, especially given that Kinect is a mandatory purchase.
#2Tyronelio1Posted 3/22/2014 6:44:11 AM
Kinect is far superior in terms of technology and what it does, also it has every day use and works incredible well compared to the original.

The Playstation eye is nothing but literally a new eye toy and that hasn't been relevant since the ps2.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#3MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 6:55:33 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Kinect is far superior in terms of technology and what it does, also it has every day use and works incredible well compared to the original.

The Playstation eye is nothing but literally a new eye toy and that hasn't been relevant since the ps2.

Except one can do VR and the other can't. Twitch streaming is also very popular on PS4.
#4DarthUchiha91Posted 3/22/2014 6:56:32 AM
I don't plan on using either one anyway.
---
Proof that M$ is slowly bringing back DRM for the XBone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfNarCjSHM
#5Tyronelio1Posted 3/22/2014 6:59:28 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Except one can do VR and the other can't. Twitch streaming is also very popular on PS4.

The eye can't do virtual reality...

And twitch streaming is also very popular in the pc and is rising in the xbone.

Twitch is also irrelevant in this discussion about peripherals because its an app.
---
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#6Maverick_ReznorPosted 3/22/2014 7:07:06 AM
Considering I have both, the ps4camera barely gets any use at all cept for the occasional pong with friends, and you having to pay 60 bucks for it to be used with a supposedly $1000 peripheral and say it has more use than the Kinect 2 is hilarious.
And unlike the ps4 camera I use the Kinect everyday for a multitude of things. Mainly because it can control most things your system does unlike the ps4 camera which is far and few between.
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, and Infamous: Second Son
Looking Forward To: Destiny, MK8, I:SS, ESO,and The Order 1886
#7MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 7:08:24 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Twitch is also irrelevant in this discussion about peripherals because its an app.

You were saying the camera is nothing more than an eye toy. I provided information disputing that. So no, Twitch isn't irrelevant.

And yes the Playstation Camera was designed for VR as stated during the GDC presentation.
#8MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 7:09:42 AM
Maverick_Reznor posted...
Considering I have both, the ps4camera barely gets any use at all cept for the occasional pong with friends, and you having to pay 60 bucks for it to be used with a supposedly $1000 peripheral and say it has more use than the Kinect 2 is hilarious.
And unlike the ps4 camera I use the Kinect everyday for a multitude of things. Mainly because it can control most things your system does unlike the ps4 camera which is far and few between.

Supposedly $1000? You know very well that is not factual information.
#9Tyronelio1Posted 3/22/2014 7:11:36 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

You were saying the camera is nothing more than an eye toy. I provided information disputing that. So no, Twitch isn't irrelevant.

And yes the Playstation Camera was designed for VR as stated during the GDC presentation.

Sorry, it's also a face cam.

No reason to use it other than sometime next year where you have to buy the camera AND the vr headset.

Bloody Sony being anti consumer with this.
---
#10Maverick_ReznorPosted 3/22/2014 7:12:18 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Maverick_Reznor posted...

Supposedly $1000? You know very well that is not factual information.

that's why I said supposedly, it will probably be something like $400
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, and Infamous: Second Son
Looking Forward To: Destiny, MK8, I:SS, ESO,and The Order 1886