PS4 Camera vs Kinect 2

#31lunchbox2042Posted 3/23/2014 12:48:28 AM
Kinect 2 isn't really that impressive considering it's defining feature is Xbox on.
#32DojoMaxPosted 3/23/2014 12:50:38 AM
Homie_202 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
I know MOST people would disagree with me on this, but I think that Sony should've bundled the PS4 cam with the system like X1 did with Kinect, if for no other reason, to make the "attach rate" 100%.

The reason they didn't is they know a lot of people don't want that period. Same way with VR. Some will want it some won't. It's better IMO to have an option to get something rather then to be forced into something you don't want.

I guess but options means a fragmented market as well. Look at Android for example, even though it dominates the market share because it offered on a wide variety of handsets and tablets, it will never have the continuity that Apple has for that very reason. Thats the reason why most developers wont develop anything significant for it. However, that being said, I'm still waiting for Kinect 2.0's killer app.
---
stop trollin
#33DojoMaxPosted 3/23/2014 12:51:31 AM
lunchbox2042 posted...
Kinect 2 isn't really that impressive considering it's defining feature is Xbox on.

Sure is....
---
stop trollin
#34Homie_202Posted 3/23/2014 12:53:22 AM
DojoMax posted...
Homie_202 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
I know MOST people would disagree with me on this, but I think that Sony should've bundled the PS4 cam with the system like X1 did with Kinect, if for no other reason, to make the "attach rate" 100%.

The reason they didn't is they know a lot of people don't want that period. Same way with VR. Some will want it some won't. It's better IMO to have an option to get something rather then to be forced into something you don't want.

I guess but options means a fragmented market as well. Look at Android for example, even though it dominates the market share because it offered on a wide variety of handsets and tablets, it will never have the continuity that Apple has for that very reason. Thats the reason why most developers wont develop anything significant for it. However, that being said, I'm still waiting for Kinect 2.0's killer app.

Yes but a lot of people that I know myself included don't even have the kinect hooked up. A lot of people aren't interested in the features it offers. I also know people who refuse to buy it because of the kinect and if they had the option to buy it without they would. So what's really more important more console sales or getting the kinect in everyone's house when some people won't even bother to hook it up anyway?