This is EXACTLY why my Xbox One will never have Watch_Dogs inside of it

#31Hucast9Posted 3/22/2014 10:04:13 AM(edited)
CallOfDookie posted...

Lol. I sit like 2ft away from my ps4 and I've never noticed any fan noises, my Ps4 is as quiet as a mouse.

Like many others when they mention how loud their console is, you've basically said nothing in your anecdote. We have no clue where your console is located, what your room temperature is, or what are your living conditions.

In any case, the summer is coming, and the PS4 is a console that reaches up to 140 degrees inside the shell. We'll see if your PS4 stays that way. Also, do not compare console to pc temperatures. Pcs are Pcs, and video game console are video game consoles. For all we know, video game consoles could still be using lead free solder, which is said to be weaker when it comes to on and off cycles. A year or two of temperature fluctuations from on and off cycles is something that lead free solder has been proven to bad at handling.
#32MrImpatient35Posted 3/22/2014 9:58:51 AM
Kazuya_80 posted...
Yeah they get dramatic with the words they use but probably the only difference will be resolution

That's what I'm thinking will be the case. I highly doubt the difference will be HUGE. Also, I'm curious if there will be any Kinect features. I'm hoping lil Kinect features are in MOST games this gen. I really hope games like Dying Light, The Evil Within, The Division, and this game uses Kinect somehow.
---
FML
#33Hucast9Posted 3/22/2014 10:03:13 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
My ps4 is incredibly loud when installing games but after that its as quiet as the x1.

I don't want to frighten you, but with the summer coming, and the PS4 being a console that reaches 140 degrees inside the shell, that loudness may be a full time thing. It has to be that way. The damn thing costs $399, and it is more poweful than the Xbox One. Something had to give in when it came to the cost of manufacturing the console, and the cooling system is one of those things. They save a few bucks on a cooling system that sounds like a hair drier (let's wait for someone else to come in here and literally analyze that like a silly fool) and you get more console power. I tell you right now: I would rather have slightly less console power, and a very silent console than something that sounds like a hair drier or jet engine.
#34Tyronelio1Posted 3/22/2014 10:07:41 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
My ps4 is incredibly loud when installing games but after that its as quiet as the x1.

I don't want to frighten you, but with the summer coming, and the PS4 being a console that reaches 140 degrees inside the shell, that loudness may be a full time thing. It has to be that way. The damn thing costs $399, and it is more poweful than the Xbox One. Something had to give in when it came to the cost of manufacturing the console, and the cooling system is one of those things. They save a few bucks on a cooling system that sounds like a hair drier (let's wait for someone else to come in here and literally analyze that like a silly fool) and you get more console power. I tell you right now: I would rather have slightly less console power, and a very silent console than something that sounds like a hair drier or jet engine.

Good thing I live in Australia were it has already started to get cold :p after one of the hottest summers in the last 40 years.

But I enjoy both my consoles, I need to check out second son next week so that'll tie me over until I get bored and pick up kinect sports rivals day 1.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#35Robin_MaskPosted 3/22/2014 10:12:09 AM
I would have minded this kind of PR BS.

But then I remember, the graphics downgrade in the latest trailer.

Ubisoft is just being an ass nowadays, how many more AC games. The "main" story is horrible, yet, they could have had more freedom and fun without it.

They're just idiots now in my opinion.
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#36x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 3/22/2014 10:18:12 AM
Hucast9 posted...
I'll you you what bro: I'll take 720p any day of the week on a quiet console (Xbox One) rather than on something that sounds like a jet engine when it's turned on (PS4). I have seen numerous complaints about how loud the PS4 is when the cooling fan kicks into high.

A jet engine? Lol, simply over exaggurated. Its louder yes but this isn't the Xbox 360 here
#37SigarmzPosted 3/22/2014 10:28:02 AM
Shoulda told MS to make a console focused on gaming and not TV.
#38Tyronelio1Posted 3/22/2014 10:30:01 AM
Robin_Mask posted...

Ubisoft is just being an ass nowadays, how many more AC games. The "main" story is horrible, yet, they could have had more freedom and fun without it.

That's also just your opinion.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#39Robin_MaskPosted 3/22/2014 10:34:19 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

That's also just your opinion.

I don't mind the story in the games, talking about Desmond and the future/present.

They could have had more freedom not including that bit, that's all. Easily have a game in the world with the same gameplay. Nope, take an idiot route and make this whole conspiracy crap instead.
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#40KolanifvPosted 3/22/2014 10:39:31 AM
Oh come on, you have Titanfall, you don't need any other games.