Xbox / PS4 performance

#81EiffelPosted 3/26/2014 5:38:36 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Also, you can dismiss DX12 and the cloud all you want fanboys, but it's another example of Microsoft investing in a solid experience. DX is THE preferred API of the game industry, hands down. The rest are just imitators.

The cloud (Azure) is this huge infrastructure of servers worldwide serving XBox Live (among other things). The scope is far beyond PSN, and having these dedicated servers makes a huge difference and is frankly necessary if you want multiplayer games with bigger scope. PERIOD.

Um, no. OGL is a perfectly viable alternative to DX, both are good. It could be argued that the only reason MS is bothering to introduce DX12 is that AMD lit a fire under their asses with Mantle, and that DX12 is a ripoff of Mantle. It's just manufacturer agnostic supporting nVidia and AMD cards.

Azure was not build to serve Xbox Live lol. It's an enterprise app that like many/most of MS' products and services from the past few years is underperforming. They have excess capacity since uptake wasn't what they thought it would be so are using it for Xbox.
#82Golden MavenPosted 3/26/2014 6:47:22 PM(edited)
Eiffel posted...
Azure was not build to serve Xbox Live lol.

Did I say it was? Quick to run your mouth, can't be bothered to read and comprehend. You better not be an adult.

*takes off glasses and rubs eyes*

I don't know what Microsoft's intention was with Azure aside from having an infrastructure of servers worldwide. Whatever the case, it's a huge asset and empowers XBox Live and multiplayer gaming itself.

It would be nice if GameFAQs had more people who do more thinking than talking. Sorry I don't have time to educate you further, just don't skip school.
#83mokmuudPosted 3/26/2014 7:29:51 PM
Pcmonster87 posted...
Enclave posted...
Golden Maven posted...
Also, you can dismiss DX12 and the cloud all you want fanboys, but it's another example of Microsoft investing in a solid experience. DX is THE preferred API of the game industry, hands down. The rest are just imitators.

The cloud (Azure) is this huge infrastructure of servers worldwide serving XBox Live (among other things). The scope is far beyond PSN, and having these dedicated servers makes a huge difference and is frankly necessary if you want multiplayer games with bigger scope. PERIOD.

Actually, with the increased interest in Linux and Mac as gaming platforms? You'll find OpenGL is becoming more and more popular.

Could of fooled me.. Since over 95% of games use DX on PC.

Even Steam is moving to Linux.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#84Cowboy082288Posted 3/26/2014 7:34:18 PM
TC the tech difference between the two machines is negligible. They are both basically mid range budget PCs. Make your purchase choice based on features, price, and games you want.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#85EiffelPosted 3/26/2014 7:44:28 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Eiffel posted...
Azure was not build to serve Xbox Live lol.

Did I say it was? Quick to run your mouth, can't be bothered to read and comprehend. You better not be an adult.

*takes off glasses and rubs eyes*

I don't know what Microsoft's intention was with Azure aside from having an infrastructure of servers worldwide. Whatever the case, it's a huge asset and empowers XBox Live and multiplayer gaming itself.

It would be nice if GameFAQs had more people who do more thinking than talking. Sorry I don't have time to educate you further, just don't skip school.

You said Azure serves Xbox Live (and other things). This would normally be interpreted to mean Live is the primary focus and it simply isn't. Not by a long shot. It's a good service but isn't going to revolutionize anything.

Usually when posters say inflammatory things like "don't skip school kid" and argue semantics it's to cover up the fact that they have nothing constructive or informed to say which is certainly true in your case.
#86chubbychaserPosted 3/26/2014 7:55:41 PM
All multiplate console games run better on PS4 dur to its superior hardware. that is a fact. For example

MGS Xbone - 720p
MGS PS4 - 1080p

Huge different
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#87quincy2000aPosted 3/26/2014 8:14:01 PM
For anyone who wants to know the truth, just go to Digital Foundry or Forbes.com and read what is being said there.

In terms of graphics and hardware, the Xbox One comes in second to the PS4. Period.

Posters here can keep talking about "not being able to see the difference" all they want--but the numbers are in. The Xbox One is second. I own both. I bought my PS4 only after seeing the differences with my own eyes.

Now if you have preferences in terms of exclusives, what systems your buddies have, wanting the Kinect's features, etc., that's another story.

But if graphics and hardware are important to you, maybe you shouldn't bother listening to what posters here have to say--check the sources I mentioned above.

The truth is out there--some people here want to hide that from you.
#88Megamushroom666Posted 3/26/2014 8:21:26 PM
PS4 is more powerful hands down.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
SNACKEROO.com - Only the tastiest models.
#89Ryan-06Posted 3/26/2014 9:12:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#90Ryan-06Posted 3/26/2014 9:17:43 PM
quincy2000a posted...
For anyone who wants to know the truth, just go to Digital Foundry or Forbes.com and read what is being said there.

In terms of graphics and hardware, the Xbox One comes in second to the PS4. Period.

Posters here can keep talking about "not being able to see the difference" all they want--but the numbers are in. The Xbox One is second. I own both. I bought my PS4 only after seeing the differences with my own eyes.

Now if you have preferences in terms of exclusives, what systems your buddies have, wanting the Kinect's features, etc., that's another story.

But if graphics and hardware are important to you, maybe you shouldn't bother listening to what posters here have to say--check the sources I mentioned above.

The truth is out there--some people here want to hide that from you.

This. As many said its no surprise anymore- MS made the xbone more as a multi-purpose media device/cable box. While Mark Cerny and Sony designed the PS4 primarily for core game developers and players. With higher specs to appeal to that audience.

Only delusional fanboys can't move on and accept facts. Still insecure. And to be fair, the xbone WILL still get amazing games later. I REALLY want to play Remedy's Quantum Break. That looks great, and I may get a xbone years later to play exclusives like that.

At the same time PS4 exclusives have shown to be the best looking console games so far, period. Killzone. Infamous looks even better I'd say too.
---
chart: http://ow.ly/uuJ6g
chocolate: http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y