Why s graphics The number one factor

#21Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/22/2014 10:00:47 AM
DarkHoles posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Because human beings rely on the visual cortex the most, visual stimulation is very important to us. That is why we seek great looking graphics, women, cars, etc. The simple version of it, basically it's human nature for us to want to look at pretty things

Lol i think you just broke my brain
Dont just claim facts you know nothing about.

It's true, prove its not.. I can post references from major colleges and what not, what can you provide?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#22DarkHolesPosted 3/22/2014 10:01:09 AM
-Oath- posted...
Because why upgrade? If 360 and PS3 can do the same graphics, why spend 500$ for the same graphics?

Do you realise a more powerful console doesn't just mean better graphics?
#23DarkHolesPosted 3/22/2014 10:02:11 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Because human beings rely on the visual cortex the most, visual stimulation is very important to us. That is why we seek great looking graphics, women, cars, etc. The simple version of it, basically it's human nature for us to want to look at pretty things

It's true, prove its not.. I can post references from major colleges and what not, what can you provide?

I can provide my finger in your ass.
#24SorbetowulfPosted 3/22/2014 10:08:22 AM
I'd say graphics are the number one factor because we've had amazing stories in video games for decades, gripping characters, replay value, tight controls, all that good jazz we associate with video games. When all of that has been firmly established, there's not much left to improve on but the interface in which it's delivered to us. That leaves graphics, and, to a lesser extent, audio and such.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#25Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/22/2014 10:11:12 AM
DarkHoles posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

See, this is why I dislike this site.. People like you, just talking out your ass without even providing one shred of evidence to back their claim up.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#26scamuraiPosted 3/22/2014 10:17:18 AM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
scamurai posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

This whole GRAPHICS GRAPHICS is so tiring. I have a PS4 and I did not buy Infamous Second Son. You know why? Because I played both of those games last gen and it's just a mindless action game that you get bored of relatively quickly... unless you love slaughtering a bunch of machine gun toting AI over and over and over.. or being a bad guy and killing innocent people with your ueber powers over and over... there's just no reason to keep playing it.

I've been playing Dark Souls 2, PVZ GW, and Titanfall because they make me want to keep playing. Any one of these games could hold me for months of almost constant play. Infamous doesn't have that. Anyone who burnt out on it last gen will experience the same process of burning out only to slightly prettier graphics. YAY. Go consumerism.

What you described is Dark Souls 2, block, roll, attack. block, roll, attack..

No. I've been playing the souls series since Demon Souls. The enemy types vary. You have to learn their AI to master it and to find ways to counter them. Bosses have strats. The game is extremely elaborate so no. You've never played a souls game obviously or when you did you were too horrible at it to keep playing. Demon Souls was designed more like an old school game... there is no saving or pausing.. You need true skill to survive. The coop is elaborate. I wouldn't be gaming today if I hadn't been so moved playing Demons Souls in 2009. It's the opposite of idiotic button smash games.
---
PSN: scamurai
XBL: Cryptocrat
#27DarkHolesPosted 3/22/2014 10:17:21 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

See, this is why I dislike this site.. People like you, just talking out your ass without even providing one shred of evidence to back their claim up.

1. Where's your evidence?
2. I'm not wasting my time to prove such bs claims wrong
#28Riverraider98Posted 3/22/2014 10:20:34 AM
What is this notion that because on some games the resolution is the same as a very small number of last gen titles that the graphics are the same? Resolution=/=graphics. Does it help to have a higher resolution for a clearer look? Definitely. This gen Im more excited for the level of immersion games can gives us through interactibility and enviromental effects and smart closer to life ai in npcs.
---
- "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Squaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! Gt: RagnaRok RS 8
#29Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/22/2014 10:20:40 AM
scamurai posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
scamurai posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

This whole GRAPHICS GRAPHICS is so tiring. I have a PS4 and I did not buy Infamous Second Son. You know why? Because I played both of those games last gen and it's just a mindless action game that you get bored of relatively quickly... unless you love slaughtering a bunch of machine gun toting AI over and over and over.. or being a bad guy and killing innocent people with your ueber powers over and over... there's just no reason to keep playing it.

I've been playing Dark Souls 2, PVZ GW, and Titanfall because they make me want to keep playing. Any one of these games could hold me for months of almost constant play. Infamous doesn't have that. Anyone who burnt out on it last gen will experience the same process of burning out only to slightly prettier graphics. YAY. Go consumerism.

What you described is Dark Souls 2, block, roll, attack. block, roll, attack..

No. I've been playing the souls series since Demon Souls. The enemy types vary. You have to learn their AI to master it and to find ways to counter them. Bosses have strats. The game is extremely elaborate so no. You've never played a souls game obviously or when you did you were too horrible at it to keep playing. Demon Souls was designed more like an old school game... there is no saving or pausing.. You need true skill to survive. The coop is elaborate. I wouldn't be gaming today if I hadn't been so moved playing Demons Souls in 2009. It's the opposite of idiotic button smash games.

Dark Souls doesn't require skill, it requires memorization of enemies and learned timing. It's a very static game, everything is really the same. Same AI behaviors, etc. I'm not talking about they all are the same, but each type demonstrates the same behavior as another of its type. It's all just memorization.

Hell, I speed run through Dark Souls now, the only challenge is learning the basic mechanics of each.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#30Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/22/2014 10:28:47 AM
DarkHoles posted...

1. Where's your evidence?
2. I'm not wasting my time to prove such bs claims wrong

1. Take a goddamn physiology course
2. You can't, because you obviously never had physiology

For your education level, I'll use this

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/technology/35561-why-are-people-so-excited-about-data-visualisation-all-of-a-sudden.html

It even includes the sources for their information and I'll post a brief summary of it here

Two-thirds of stimuli reaching the brain are visual (Zaltman 1996)
50% of the brain is devoted to processing visual images (Bates & Cleese 2001)
80% of learning is visually based (American Optometric Assoc. 1991)
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2