Why s graphics The number one factor

#31Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 3/22/2014 10:41:22 AM
Skill:

the ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance; dexterity or coordination especially in the execution of learned physical tasks : a learned power of doing something competently : a developed aptitude or ability
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#32ImThe8thWonderPosted 3/22/2014 10:48:59 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Because that's all the ps4 has over the x1.

Lol.

scamurai posted...
Because I played both of those games last gen and it's just a mindless action game that you get bored of relatively quickly...unless you love slaughtering a bunch of machine gun toting AI over and over and over..

I've been playing Dark Souls 2, PVZ GW, and Titanfall...

Gotta love double standards.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#33DarkHolesPosted 3/22/2014 10:57:15 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
DarkHoles posted...

1. Where's your evidence?
2. I'm not wasting my time to prove such bs claims wrong

1. Take a goddamn physiology course
2. You can't, because you obviously never had physiology

For your education level, I'll use this

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/technology/35561-why-are-people-so-excited-about-data-visualisation-all-of-a-sudden.html

It even includes the sources for their information and I'll post a brief summary of it here

Two-thirds of stimuli reaching the brain are visual (Zaltman 1996)
50% of the brain is devoted to processing visual images (Bates & Cleese 2001)
80% of learning is visually based (American Optometric Assoc. 1991)

So were does it state that we chase "pretty things"? If 80% of learning is visually based blind people must be real dumb.
Ps quoting sources more than 10yrs old does not help your case.
#34RevanLynnPosted 3/22/2014 11:32:37 AM
I think it's not just about graphics. It's about power. The power to do more "complex" games.

Like, how we could hide inside lockers in Metal Gear Solid 2 and see outside between the openings, because the 3D model wasn't just a block with textures like MGS1. Or how we could make visual tunings in our cars at NFS Underground series. Or how we can now build our own maps in Halo's Forge. Things like that.

Sometimes, visuals have an impact on gameplay, and it's not just eye candy. Yesterday, we could fly planes on Battlefield 1942, today we can crash those planes and bring buildings down on Battlefield 4, changing the gameplay. Today we can build average size maps at 360 Halo's Forge, and maybe tomorrow we can build bigger maps at Xbox One Halo's Forge.
#35LEGEND_725Posted 3/22/2014 11:50:41 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Because human beings rely on the visual cortex the most, visual stimulation is very important to us. That is why we seek great looking graphics, women, cars, etc. The simple version of it, basically it's human nature for us to want to look at pretty things

I remember when I was an undergrad
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE
#36wrettcaughnPosted 3/22/2014 11:50:57 AM
-Oath- posted...
Because why upgrade? If 360 and PS3 can do the same graphics, why spend 500$ for the same graphics?

Graphics =/= Resolution

Unless you have hardware capable of both, you'll have to sacrifice one for the other. Neither console has demonstrated the best of both worlds just yet.
---
GT: wrettcaughn
#37Omega_BlackPosted 3/22/2014 11:55:49 AM
They're not.

But when people buy into a console that's billed as "next-gen" and it's $100 more expensive only to get a machine that is technically, factually weaker than it's cheaper competitor it becomes a bit of a sore point.

Why didn't MS use an architecture that was a bit more developer friendly? We will never know...
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#38jpraelsterPosted 3/22/2014 11:58:34 AM
If you are a real gamer graphics arent the number 1 factor
#39jpraelsterPosted 3/22/2014 11:59:57 AM
Omega_Black posted...
They're not.

But when people buy into a console that's billed as "next-gen" and it's $100 more expensive only to get a machine that is technically, factually weaker than it's cheaper competitor it becomes a bit of a sore point.

Why didn't MS use an architecture that was a bit more developer friendly? We will never know...

Well those people could have easily done their research before making said 500 dollar investment
#40HaeravonPosted 3/22/2014 12:04:03 PM
Graphics aren't as important as gameplay, but they are important. Fortunately, graphics are more complicated than a simple resolution count, something a lot of people seem to be missing... On the other hand, I've had a 1080p HDTV for five years now, and it's about time consoles started running above 720p.

Also, graphics aren't the 'number one factor'. It's hard to sell me a console that arguably can't run multiports as well, that costs $100 more. Price/graphics.
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com.