Im starting to be sick of having to hard reset my console all the time.

#11Peter7656Posted 3/22/2014 9:28:04 AM
I assume you have the preview update for April? I am in the preview program and will admit I've had to do a lot more hard resets since getting it. In the Xbox.com preview forums many people have posted regarding this and it should be fixed soon. At least I hope. I agree it's extremely annoying
#12x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 3/22/2014 9:29:55 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Do you quit apps, games ever from the dashboard or leave them open? I've only done 1 reset ever, I always quit games, apps.

I had to turn off Instant On and just do a full boot each time. The party system on this system has been so bad that it would give errors. I still get it once in a while where a reboot is required. Randomly just turns off party chat and forces me into game chat. :(

That's sucks, sorry. I can't chat or any of that I just play alone so I've never encountered those issues.

Its not that often but I prefer the Xbox 360 method better. Kicks you out completely and you join back. This console it turns the chat off but leaves me in there. I just can't turn it on and get errors about it not being available.

My connection is fine with an Open NAT so its a bit annoying.
#13RinglercorpPosted 3/22/2014 9:47:52 AM
Two incoming noob questions for a brand new Xbox One owner...

1) How do you close programs? I've been hitting the Xbox button on the controller and it takes me back to the home page, so I am assuming the programs are still open?

2) What is the proper way to hard reset? Pull the power cord from the console?
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#14eegore8aPosted 3/22/2014 9:59:57 AM
The preview program was made to test out the prepublic release of a build. ITS GOING TO HAVE BUGS! You might have to wait to get the public update and then might be able to opt out of the preview program to just receive the public updates and not deal with the bugs of the preview update.
#15SirMurderPosted 3/22/2014 10:07:01 AM
From the dashboard, highlight the game, hit start and then click "open in full screen".. That solved the problem for me
#16kennyynnooPosted 3/22/2014 10:19:34 AM
Ringlercorp posted...

1) How do you close programs? I've been hitting the Xbox button on the controller and it takes me back to the home page, so I am assuming the programs are still open?

1) on the dash screen press what is normally the start button over a game or app and a menu for it shows up, if its open you will see quit on the list.

2) not sure the best method but holding power 10-15sec to shut it off or unplug 10-15 resets the cache and resolves issues usually.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#17Trigg3rH4ppy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 4:29:10 PM
eegore8a posted...
The preview program was made to test out the prepublic release of a build. ITS GOING TO HAVE BUGS! You might have to wait to get the public update and then might be able to opt out of the preview program to just receive the public updates and not deal with the bugs of the preview update.

I'm not in the preview program, unless it did it without my knowledge. But regardless, i never signed up to participate in such a thing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sLsrC1r.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12 Friend Code: 1564-3971-8395 KingBabyCub is my hero and owns my soul
#18Trigg3rH4ppy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2014 4:30:32 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Ringlercorp posted...

1) on the dash screen press what is normally the start button over a game or app and a menu for it shows up, if its open you will see quit on the list.

2) not sure the best method but holding power 10-15sec to shut it off or unplug 10-15 resets the cache and resolves issues usually.

You should NEVER unplug it while the power is on, the hard reset is just holding the power button for 10 seconds until the system cycles off.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sLsrC1r.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12 Friend Code: 1564-3971-8395 KingBabyCub is my hero and owns my soul
#19eegore8aPosted 3/23/2014 1:01:42 PM
Trigg3rH4ppy posted...
eegore8a posted...

I'm not in the preview program, unless it did it without my knowledge. But regardless, i never signed up to participate in such a thing.

hmmm. no, you would have had to register your xbox to be in the program. From my knowledge, this type of problem has been happening to people in the preview program. I would suggest a hard reset and if that doesn't work, contact support.
#20Mjs903Posted 3/23/2014 9:49:25 PM
You need to clear your cache. Call xbox support line and they will guide you through it.