Titanfall AI

#1Swab18Posted 3/22/2014 8:39:24 PM
They could at least make the AI a little bit smarter, I'm loving the game but I do feel like 12 VS 12 would have worked better, Thoughts?
---
Sobenofear has a crush on me.
#2LEGEND_725Posted 3/22/2014 8:42:51 PM
Yeh man!! You ever played league of legends wow minion AI is so dumb in that game to what are these devs thinking???
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE
#3GeistPosted 3/22/2014 8:46:49 PM
Grunts are dumb true, but not Titan A.I.. And since I'd say at least 50% of pilots use theirs on Auto it really is like 12 on 12. Plus with all the constant movement, more people and Titans would have been too much I feel.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#4Swab18(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 6:34:50 AM
Geist posted...
Grunts are dumb true, but not Titan A.I.. And since I'd say at least 50% of pilots use theirs on Auto it really is like 12 on 12. Plus with all the constant movement, more people and Titans would have been too much I feel.

I think they could have limit the # of Titan's on the field with 12 VS 12. The game runs so slick though I wonder if adding more people would bog it down. I just feel like when I kill 40 AI enemies in a match and 14 Pilots I feel like I'm cheating. I'm not bashing the game at all. It's incredible and this series has a ton of potential. It's not bare bones with content, but for a new IP it's a breath of fresh air.
---
#5SnoicFactorPosted 3/23/2014 6:36:02 AM
Swab18 posted...
Geist posted...

I think they could have limit the # of Titan's on the field with 12 VS 12. The game runs so slick though I wonder if adding more people would bog it down. I just feel like when I kill 40 AI enemies in a match and 14 Pilots I feel like I'm cheating. I'm not bashing the game at all. It's incredible and this series has a ton of potential. It's not bare bones with content, but for a new IP it's a breath of fresh air.

what lol? The frame rate is all over the place in this game.. And the crazy screen tearing.
---
nt
#6carljenkPosted 3/23/2014 6:36:23 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Yeh man!! You ever played league of legends wow minion AI is so dumb in that game to what are these devs thinking???

Titanfall MOBA mod. Riot pls
#7Swab18(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2014 6:38:05 AM
Seems to be running fine for me. I haven't seen any tears or have it bog down on me. For 720P it looks rather beautiful as well. Which I think further proves how dumb the resolution argument has been.
---
#8SoulTrapperPosted 3/23/2014 6:39:36 AM
The AI is handled by the cloud, they can't make it any better.

The AI basically works by predicting what will happen, since it can't react instantly because the data first needs to be send to the servers, processed and then send back before something actually happens on screen with the AI.
That's why it's so bad: it's too slow.
#9DarkHolesPosted 3/23/2014 6:47:39 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

The AI basically works by predicting what will happen, since it can't react instantly because the data first needs to be send to the servers, processed and then send back before something actually happens on screen with the AI.

You obviously don't understand the point in the ai so just go home silly
#10SoulTrapperPosted 3/23/2014 6:50:44 AM
DarkHoles posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

You obviously don't understand the point in the ai so just go home silly

What point is there "in" the AI? And what does it have to do with the answer I gave to TCs question?