That Japanese developed exclusive is...

#51garcia_jxPosted 3/24/2014 1:30:09 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
mcnichoj posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
mcnichoj posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
But but that franchise sucks, c'mon when your movies are better and do better than your games you should be able to realise no one wants your game.
RE5 sold millions.
I don't know if I would make any comparison of the braindead masses going to see a movie to people buying video games.

The franchise still sucks IMO.

There are also a lot of brain dead gamers that just buy stuff because its the cool thing or they're fanboys.
Who are the RE fanboys, the vocal ones that say the franchise went down the toilet or the ones that don't say anything and keep buying the games?
A legit philosophical question for you.

Both on one hand they love the series so much that they will buy the game and then turn around and proclaim it as the worst game in the franchise.

I'd assume that was the case because everyone that likes RE loves 4 or REmake as far as I'm aware(feel free to correct), so they all bought 5 and then became angered towards capcom for ruining the series.

I would say this is the reason.
#52kronos96Posted 3/24/2014 8:50:54 PM(edited)
It would seem like a way to put the blame on the western market. By making it xbox exclusive the message could be: buy the game, support your xbox exclusive. They know that the whole exclusive thing could make even average games appear somewhat successful.

There is no way RE7 will sell amazingly after the RE6 debacle. They can't market it as "the game to buy" anymore. If it fails then the blame can be shared between Capcom and the xbox fanbase. No longer would Capcom have to carry the burden of being the only ones responsible for the direction of the series.
#53lunaticcorePosted 3/24/2014 8:57:25 PM
I honestly don't think they would be using "Japanese Developer" as hype when talking about a Capcom exclusive. Capcom has just been around far too long and made too many huge games that have been big around the world for them to be singled out as "an exclusive game from a Japanese Developer."

I expect somebody smaller or more traditionally Japanese.