"Chainsaw Incident" Developer Bashes Microsoft; game not coming to Xbox One

#51LukenatmePosted 3/24/2014 5:36:52 PM
I had a Vita with PS+ for about a year and got my fill of indie games. Dokuro, Guacamelee, and others--I don't get the appeal. They're cool for about half an hour then I have no desire to go back to them. I guess I'm too much of a dudebro.
#52Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 6:13:59 PM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
No one cares about that game anyways.

---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#53mcnichojPosted 3/25/2014 3:50:38 PM
This going to be the new thing ponies will hype up? Didn't they all constantly trash talk another "free to play" fighting game on another platform...

That said it looks choppy as Hell, trying to ride Skullgirls coat tails almost?
I'll stick to Divekick, KI, Injustice and the new GG coming to PS4.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#54josh924Posted 3/25/2014 4:12:07 PM
UtterMoon posted...
Microsoft....seems to be having some serious problems when it comes to indie games.

Now correct me if I am wrong (and I am sure that I am on some of these) but the Xbone doesn't have...

Resogun
Contrast
Don't Starve
Outlast
Steamworld Dig
Towerfall
Fez
Flower
Trine 2

There's already a 360 version of Contrast, with an Xbox One version still coming.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=contrast

Also, Fez was released on the 360 almost two years ago, and Trine 2 was released on the 360 a little over two years ago.

UtterMoon posted...
I mean...honestly...the list of indie games available on the PS4 is..quite frankly..kind of awesome, and most of the games are the cream of the crop (and they are selling well). Its cool that Microsoft has 200 developers working on indie games...but until we see what games they are...that really doesn't mean a damn thing, because people who remember the atrocity that was the Xbox Live Indie Marketplace...they freaking know how bad it can get....

Microsoft and Nintendo need to start seeing the indie market in the same light as Sony and the king of indies..Valve..

The games you listed are the kinds of games that have been available as XBLA games for years (pretty much since the 360 launched, really). In fact, I'm betting that if it weren't for XBLA, we would never see stuff like Resogun, Strider, Shadow Complex, or Mark of the Ninja, at least not on consoles. The idea that MS should "start" looking at indie games is about as laughable as saying that Coca Cola should "start" offering fruit juice drinks.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#55scoobydoobydontPosted 3/25/2014 4:18:55 PM
If the game was worth anything, it would have a publisher.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#56josh924Posted 3/25/2014 4:20:14 PM
mcnichoj posted...
This going to be the new thing ponies will hype up? Didn't they all constantly trash talk another "free to play" fighting game on another platform...

I remember when some people would list something like Dust or Shadow Complex as exclusives that are worth playing on the 360, but then ponies would write those games off as "arcade minis". Its almost as if games like Limbo, Fat Princess, and Braid never existed until Sony had the "brilliant foresight" to bring these magical new games to consoles. At the very least, its almost like they weren't worth playing until Sony's E3 press conference last year.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#57DarthDitkaPosted 3/25/2014 4:59:20 PM
Oh no! A free to play indi game isn't coming to Xbox 1. What ever will I do?
---
XBOX: Shiftee Cent
#58SmellThePoop(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 8:31:04 PM(edited)
DamnEvilDog posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Looks like the TC is just being a tool bag looking for a fight, nobody cares

Ignore +1

+2

You'll also notice I just quoted the developer and the author of the article without any additional input. (This is not the first indie developer to criticize Microsoft, so, yes, another "ouchie" indeed.)

Posters who ignore other posters because they post news or articles that they personally find annoying for their biased beliefs are a sad group indeed. But hey, FOX NEWS has to have someone watch them.

On a side note, the first guy I've never heard of. And Damnevildog never has anything worthwhile to say anyway, so, no great loss.
#59TheM00dPosted 3/25/2014 11:20:53 PM
What in God's name is The Chainsaw Incident?
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#60CapwnDPosted 3/25/2014 11:31:34 PM
SmellThePoop posted...
DamnEvilDog posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Looks like the TC is just being a tool bag looking for a fight, nobody cares

Ignore +1

+2

You'll also notice I just quoted the developer and the author of the article without any additional input. (This is not the first indie developer to criticize Microsoft, so, yes, another "ouchie" indeed.)

Posters who ignore other posters because they post news or articles that they personally find annoying for their biased beliefs are a sad group indeed. But hey, FOX NEWS has to have someone watch them.

On a side note, the first guy I've never heard of. And Damnevildog never has anything worthwhile to say anyway, so, no great loss.

who

ARE

you?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh