Still no reason to buy an Xbox One... or a Ps4.

#11kennyynnooPosted 3/24/2014 2:21:39 PM
HellsController posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Go ahead and keep that old console, tell me what its worth in 2-3 years along with the old games when you go to sell them.

BTW I want forza 5 and on, forza horizon 2, they don't exist on 360.

Go ahead and keep that old system and continue getting games for it while we play....stuff. You know, all those next gen games.
And go ahead and buy a system later on for much cheaper, possibly a newer model, less bugs to work out, and the possibility of a ton of cheap games that I paid full price for.

You sure showed him buddy.

You will own a worthless system, save maybe $100 on a new one in 2-3 years. You won't have online very much beyond 3 years I bet. Those games would've paid for the next system.

BTW I kept my ps3 but traded in my 360 and the games I really would want. Got $400 in trade ins, in 2-3 years that's maybe $100 in trade ins. So yeah, I showed him.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#12uniquebadgerPosted 3/24/2014 2:29:50 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
HellsController posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Go ahead and keep that old console, tell me what its worth in 2-3 years along with the old games when you go to sell them.

BTW I want forza 5 and on, forza horizon 2, they don't exist on 360.

Go ahead and keep that old system and continue getting games for it while we play....stuff. You know, all those next gen games.
And go ahead and buy a system later on for much cheaper, possibly a newer model, less bugs to work out, and the possibility of a ton of cheap games that I paid full price for.

You sure showed him buddy.

You will own a worthless system, save maybe $100 on a new one in 2-3 years. You won't have online very much beyond 3 years I bet. Those games would've paid for the next system.

BTW I kept my ps3 but traded in my 360 and the games I really would want. Got $400 in trade ins, in 2-3 years that's maybe $100 in trade ins. So yeah, I showed him.

Think of the broader picture though. This worked out great for you, but where is the incentive to millions of gamers who have purchased a 360 or ps3 in the past but are hesitant about spending the money to upgrade now? Plus not everyone likes to trade in old consoles/games. I know there are a lot who do and ya it helps offset the cost. But if the multi-plats are still being made for the old consoles then the incentive for a vast majority of gamers is gone.

I own the One, and i greatly enjoy the games on it. Do i think the current selection warrants the cost of upgrading the console, that is debatable and i can see how a lot of people don't think so.

Once this gen gets rolling with more exclusives with either the ps4 or xbox one in both quality and variety we will see more people coming over. But as it is now Forza only caters to a certain demographic on gamers and not a huge majority. Ryse, was very meh. It had killer graphics, but the gameplay seemed shallow. Infamous looks and plays good, but one exlusive doesn't warrant the price of buying a new console yet. And titanfall will probably play pretty good on the 360, so the incentive there to upgrade isn't exactly high.

Plus a lot of people are probably staying on the old consoles to play with their friends as well.
#13richboy900Posted 3/24/2014 2:31:11 PM
You could build a nice pc for that money :p
#14Robin_MaskPosted 3/24/2014 3:01:50 PM
"Derp, the games aren't meant just for me so I'm going to complain to the companies for no reason herp"

That's all you're really saying anyways.
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#15RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 1:01:46 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
"Derp, the games aren't meant just for me so I'm going to complain to the companies for no reason herp"

Nooo.... I'm saying why buy a new console when the same games are on the old one and it has better exclusives like Dark Souls 2.

Microsoft doesn't know how to sell a console.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#16RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/25/2014 1:05:45 PM
I'm glad I moved on when I did. Still got some value selling my XB360. The difference graphically isnt slim.. its greatly noticeable.

Online has been smoother and games play a lot better.
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad) www.twitch.tv/yelaraka
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, PowerStarGolf
#17heffley19Posted 3/25/2014 1:12:32 PM
RahzarX posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Nooo.... I'm saying why buy a new console when the same games are on the old one and it has better exclusives like Dark Souls 2.

Microsoft doesn't know how to sell a console.

Sooooo, you don't agree with it. Who is the multi billion dollar company Rahzar or Microsoft?
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
#18ZEROthefirstPosted 3/25/2014 1:13:28 PM
Don't use logic on this board, don't you know launch or near launch titles are the only games for a console?
---
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
3DS Friend Code: 1306-6232-5350
#19RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 1:26:33 PM
ZEROthefirst posted...
Don't use logic on this board, don't you know launch or near launch titles are the only games for a console?

So when games like Creed 4 and Titanfall appear on BOTH consoles. It makes sense for games like Dark Souls 2 and Lightning Returns to not?

Yah. Logic.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."